𝟐𝟐| 𝟏𝟒𝟎𝟏𝟒𝟔: 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧, 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝.

𝐌𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐬 𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦. The small clock rang as she pulled out her quill, "happy birthday, dear Ray. And goodbye." Suddenly screaming was heard from downstairs. The woman ran to the source and covered her nose, "what is this horrible smell?" She opened the doors to the dining room to see Y/n crying and screaming in front of a huge fire.

   "Ray!" She cried, "Ray! No, Ray!"

   "Ray... Y/n," The woman ran to the girl who was on her hands and knees.

   "Mom, please! Do something, you have to help Ray!"

   Mama pulled out her pocket watch, "did he set himself on fire..?" She ran to grab the fire extinguisher when she found Gilda.

   "Mom!" She shouted.

   "Gilda! Go get the babies from my room and take everyone outside, hurry!"

   "Okay," she nodded, rushing to collect her siblings. The children screamed as she held the door open for them.

   Y/n was still on her hands and knees, distraught when she saw Mama with the extinguisher. "If anything.. I must save the brain. Just stay back, Y/n."

   "Ray..." Y/n mumbled, stumbling back on her feet.

   "The sprinklers aren't working. What happened? Y/n, you need to get out of here too or otherwise you'll end up getting..." Isabelle turned to find Y/n missing, "what..? Y/n?" The woman looked at her tracker, seeing that Y/n was located elsewhere. She went to where the dot was displayed, only to find nothing. Mama moved the bucket in that room, revealing Y/n's severed earlobe. "Were the children wearing their shoes?" She asked angrily to no one.

   Y/n bolted from the house, holding up a cloth to her bleeding ear. "She's here," one of the children cheered, watching her speed towards them, "you made it!"

   She stopped to catch her breath, looking up at their group. Ray held his ear with a dazed look, Emma next to him carrying one of the children. "Thanks for waiting, everyone!" Ray only stared, recounting the things that just happened.

   "I'm sorry, Y/n. Thank you. For everything. Thank you for making my life the happiest it could be, I love you... so much," with that, Ray dropped the match. Y/n sprinted, her mind blank. Her only focus was on the match that threatened the life of the person she loved most. Y/n's hands reached far, the fire burning her as she caught it. Her hands closed around it, successfully putting it out.

   She slowly turned around, her eyes brimmed with tears and stared deep into Ray's. "I won't let you die, the other kids won't either."

   "The other kids?" He said when a knock came from the door.

   Lannion and Thoma held up a box, "Y/n! This is what Emma asked for," they said proudly. "Everyone's ready to go now too!"

   "Thanks, you guys," Y/n said, taking the box from them, "you were a big help! Alright, Ray, time to get changed." She said as the two boys held up boots and another outfit. Lannion and Thoma crouched by the drenched clothing, placing assorted meats on top of it, along with some hair. "All set? The next is-"

   "Y/n," Ray interrupted, "wait, listen, I just think.." He looked up in time to see her hand coming at him with full speed. She slapped him, hard.

   Tears reformed in her eyes as she grabbed the sides of his head and pulled him closer, "are you still planning on dying, you idiot?" She sobbed, "we need you, Ray. I need you. You are so important to me."

   Ray's hand slowly reached up to hers, "I'm sorry, Y/n... I-" He was interrupted by the feeling of soft, warm lips on his. The kiss was quick, but held years of bottled up feelings. Ray wished it had lasted forever.

   "I love you, Ray. So don't you ever dare even think about pulling something like this again. I can't lose you.. Not now, not ever."

   He smiled gently and nodded, wiping off the tears from her cheeks, "I promise." He wrapped his arms around her when Lannion and Thoma said they were done with setting up Ray's fake. She squeezed him before letting go and nodding at the boys, "good."

   "What's this?" Ray naked, looking at their creation.

   "Your replacement. It'll create a certain smell"

   "Those braids..."

   "Anna cut her hair and gave it to me. And now for the tracker. Just give me your ear and I can take it out for you," Y/n said, scalpel in hand.

   "Wait a sec, what are you-"

   Y/n put a hand on his shoulder and whispered, "If you're gonna die, don't make it here. I'll show you something cool, so shut up and follow. Norman wanted to tell you that."

   "What? Seriously?"

   "He wrote a letter to Emma and she told me about it. When she told me I didn't think he meant that you were actually going to try to kill yourself..." She took the matches and lit one, "Now, lets begin."

   Anna helped Y/n properly bandage her ear and smiled as she stood up. "Okay, time to go. Let's head to the wall," Emma said while the children cheered.

   Ray ran next to Don, Y/n not so far behind them. "Do they all know about the house?"

   "Yeah."

   "How did they find out?"

   "Emma told them everything. We started with telling four others. Nat, Anna, Lannion, and Thoma. We let them hear what sister Krone said."

   "Since that far back?"

   "It took us two months but we managed to bring in the rest of the kids. Y/n and Emma pretended to give up, but the whole time they were giving everyone instructions. Mom never suspected a thing."

   "You guys..."

   "Nat and I will climb up first, "Emma said, "then we'll pull everyone else up."

   "Hear that? Just do it like we trained and you'll be fine," Don assured.

   "We're all gonna escape safely!"

   "Wait.." Ray muttered, "is this everyone?"

--------------------------------------------

𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫

--------------------------------------------