I Want You

Reilyn fiddled with his hair as he slowly stepped down the stairs to the dungeon. He breathed shakily and rehearsed what he wanted to say in his head. Moving off the last step he took a deep breath, trying to shake his nerves away, and continued past the door and into the room.

He walked up to the cell and faced the prisoner. Reilyn and Ignatus looked at each other in an awkward silence for a few minutes.

Ignatus smiled and rubbed the back of his head, attempting to break the tension. “Umm...Gous.” |Hey.| His smile sat slightly crooked on his face, his dark wavy hair fell in front of his eyes. Reilyn crossed his arms and tried not to make eye contact, his cheeks reddened.

After a moment Reilyn sighed and walked closer to Ignatus. “Migo...um…” |I...um…| He blushed. “Pobrat’ku keu’hocceo unu hwaliq re Lay’Fat?” |Could you teach me some Morgaan?|

Ignatus raised an eyebrow at the Elf, puzzled. Reilyn frowned in response and Ignatus chuckled. “Re gecuit, kyaut kyr faci’carpio ku tebud pebei?” |Sure, but why do you want to learn that?|

“Migo’anamqu tebude.” |I like learning.| Reilyn pouted. He looked away and fiddled with his hair again. “Uet Llyma’da kympesen kea kymbis talex keu.” |And Mistress Llyma takes my books from me.|

Ignatus glanced around himself, motioning to the walls and bars of the cell he was locked in. He smiled at Reilyn again. Reilyn’s body language got more shy and reserved every time he saw that smile. “Hmm yane, migo dihi’clybeo don mayn llulti re’ysporum kyut faci.” |Well, I don’t have much else to do.| Ignatus shrugged and said teasingly. 

A soft grin spread on Reilyn’s face, he sat down right outside the cell, across from Ignatus. Ignatus adjusted himself and sat cross legged, facing Reilyn. “Hmm..” The dark haired man pursed his lips as he thought. 

Reilyn stared back quietly, observing Ignatus’ features and feeling the warmth grow on his face. “Byita, gaeilve mwod,” |So, hello is,| Ignatus moved his hands around as he spoke, emphasising the translation. “Hello.”

Nodding slowly, Reilyn made an attempt. “H-haelow?” He grimaced, aware his pronunciation was far off the mark. Ignatus waved his hands reassuringly and chuckled. 

“Hel-loh.” Ignatus spoke slower, emphasising the correct way to say the word.

Reilyn nodded, gulped and tried again. “Hel-loh.”

“Pebi’tai ku!” |There you go!| Ignatus grinned and congratulated. Reilyn felt himself turn beet red.

---

Reilyn hopped down the stairs, making his way to Ignatus. Behind his back he was holding some sweets. They were small circular cakes, made from thick spiced dough and raisins, and dusted with sugar. By now they had cooled down. He skipped past the door and grinned at Ignatus as he walked into the room. 

Playfully crossing his arms, Ignatus cocked an eyebrow. “Kyr’clybeo ku pebi?” |What do you have there?|

Making his way to the cell, Reilyn revealed the cakes. Ignatus’ mouth watered the moment he saw them and caught a waft of their sweet scent. “Llyma’da clybae hwaliq carrco talex duillal ymarns. Migo’kymperae ute’hwaliq, duilla dihi’botae don ynotiuem.” |Mistress Llyma had some left over from her event. I took a few, she didn’t notice.|

Ignatus laughed heartily. “Hontia kyaut, ti’lle ku rindes, rinnant kyut’haede quontis cabulis.” |Thank you but, please, try to stay out of trouble.| Reilyn smirked in response and handed Ignatus the cakes, sitting down next to the cell.