Good luck mister!

Relyn's tunic was roughly folded up and set on one of the tavern tables. He pulled off his undershirt with a grunt and rolled it into a ball, setting it beside his tunic. Linda stepped closer, narrowing her eyes at the stab wound on his chest. It wasn't that deep, but it was jagged. She sighed. "And you told me not to worry."

A tired smile spread on Reilyn's lips. "As you can see, I'm great at making friends." Linda shook her head in response.

She turned and grabbed a bucket of water, dipping a rag in it and wringing it out. She walked back to Reilyn, dabbing the wound with the wet rag. Pulling the bottle of moonshine from a nearby table she poured some onto the rag and used it to dab the wound again. Reilyn grimaced, biting down on his lower lip, but he stayed still and fairly quiet, letting Linda work. Linda finished cleaning him and dropped the rag back into the bucket.

"So you're searching for Tomos' daughter?" Linda asked, her voice troubled. Reilyn nodded.

He grabbed his tunic, wrapping it around himself and tying it loosely around his waist, not bothering to put his undershirt back on. "I'm not sure if they have any leads, but I know the woods around these towns pretty well. Comes with never really staying in one place."

Linda took a deep breath. "Be cautious. There could be something bigger behind her disappearance."

"Do you know something about it?" Reilyn picked up his bloodied undershirt and held his other hand out for Felix to hop into. The squirrel happily accepted and quickly scuttled up to Reilyn's shoulder.

"I've been hearing about a few kidnappings lately." Linda spoke softly. She walked over to one of the tavern windows, gazing outside despondently. "Typically of young girls. There might be a pattern, I don't know, but. Don't get into something too deep. Please?" She made eye contact with Reilyn, pleadingly. "I don't want to lose a friend." She snickered. "Or my best worker."

Reilyn chuckled. "I'll come back alive, that much I promise." He walked towards the stairs up to the bedchambers. "Thanks, again, Linda'da." They smiled at each other once more. Reilyn turned away, climbing the steps. His body was already grateful for the rest it was about to get.

---

The early morning sun beamed through Reaper's Paradise's windows. Reilyn glared at it as he made his way down the stairs and towards the table Linda set up for the group's meeting. Linda was in the process of unlocking the door and letting Burgomaster Tomos inside. Reilyn was dressed for business, forearm and shin guards on, sword at his side and cloak around his shoulders.

Linda had set out refreshments. Water, mead, bread, cheese and fruit. The three stood around the table, bathing in the stilted silence. "The rest will be here shortly?" Linda asked, sipping a glass of water.

Tomos nodded, shakily picking up an apple. He took a small bite and chewed for what must have been minutes. The man must have been having a hard time eating as of late. Reilyn sighed and took a piece of cheese from the spread, tearing it in half. He gave half to Felix, who was hiding under his cloak, on his shoulder as usual. Reilyn quietly occupied himself by nibbling on the half he kept.

Breaking the silence, there was a knock on the door. Linda set her water down and let Garrin and the five soldiers into her establishment. The six outfitted warriors piled into the room and around the meeting table. Garrin and Linda were on either side of Reilyn, the rest of the group coiled around the other side of the table. In the light of day Reilyn noticed the smattering of freckles on Garrin's face, down his neck, and on the backs of his large hands.

The soldiers were clad in chainmail, leather armor and boots, metal helms, with long tunics and tight trousers. Their weapons firmly at their sides or on their backs.