Because they're my family

Reilyn took a step towards Llyma. Turning his head to his undead, he ordered, “Potta kea maemis.” |Free my friends.| The undead grunted and surrounded the Humans, shoving the terrified guards away and beginning to cut the ropes binding the Humans’ wrists. 

Nia grimaced at the bloody and burnt undead, while Emyr grinned and looked their injuries up and down. “Nice work, short stack!” He beamed. 

“Caum clybeo’ku diagiae?” |How did you escape?| Llyma fumed, clenching her fist. 

“Migo elopu gweru mwygis.” |I’m still working on it.| Reilyn gripped his sword tighter and turned to face Llyma again. 

With a furious scowl distorting her face, Llyma raised her right hand high. “Ku keu’bedio drync!” |You obey me now!| And nine of Reilyn’s undead turned on the Humans, the other half abandoned trying to untie their wrists to raise their weapons against those that defected. Llyma seethed seeing how many still obeyed Reilyn. In that moment she realised how much she underestimated him. 

“Ynaesuid quontis Dyll’Anum!” |Protect the Humans!| Reilyn called to his corpses. 

“Llaccid’aillil.” |Kill them.| Llyma’s nails dug into the palms of her hands as she raised her voice. 

Reilyn leaped in between Llyma’s undead and his friends, kicking one of the corpses back and slicing at its arm. His own undead came up beside him and with their brute strength and blades, they pushed Llyma’s back. 

As the battle continued, Quilla stumbled into the room, followed by Lerah and Kheda. Llyma smirked upon seeing them. 

“Couxilli’keu kyut kyptur kea glos’bo. Pebo mwores mwod dihi’cuit don.” |Help me subdue my pretty flower. This behaviour is unacceptable.|

“Dihi.” |No.| Quilla shook her head, her legs unsteady. “Lerah, Kheda. Free the Humans. Give them blades.” Lerah and Kheda nodded, wordlessly they cut the binds from each Humans’ wrists and tossed them each a sword. “Mwod yane.” |Be well.| Quilla cast a healing spell on her burnt legs. 

“Ku melfirmi’dal-” |You pathetic little-| Llyma screamed. “Mao mwod taud kur ynovsen re taiperar kyut kur plaris uet re cailles pemen pebei ku quontis letrae’aillil.” |It’d be in your best interest to run to your children and tell them you love them.| The Ystoppi cackled. “Ute trib pebei migo’beo yavae pebo anuentu, cailli’otem ynalum re kur dihi’diasen don.” |Once I clean up this mess, they’ll suffer for your disobedience.|

Quilla stood alongside the freed Humans. “My children know I love them. I’m doing this for them, and you’ll have nothing to do with my family anymore.” She readied her bow, aiming an arrow at Llyma’s undead, Human and Eyll fighting beside her. 

She fired once. And then again. Both arrows buried themselves in a different undead's head. The two corpses groaned and stumbled backwards. Jac rushed up beside Quilla, pushing back a corpse with his blade. 

“Do these things die?” He grumbled, blowing a strand of light brown hair from his face. 

“They already are.” Quilla shook her head. “Try cutting off its arms.” 

Jac nodded. “Got it!” He raised his sword at the undead shambling towards him. Catrin leaped in beside him, and together they brought their swords down on each of the undead’s arms. The corpse let out a guttural cry and stumbled back, both of its arms hanging limp by stips of unsevered flesh. Lerah ran in from the side and sliced one, he pivoted around the corpse, slicing the other. Both dead arms fell to the floor with a thud, adding more stains to the fur rug beneath their feet.