4: Reaper of Death? Is that You?

Y/n was helping her mom carry out the groceries from the car into the kitchen.

Whilst her mom took it out of the brown paper bag, she packed them on to the shelves and cupboards.

She looked the box that was on the counter and sighed, "You bought a toaster oven, Ma? We already have one."

Her mom, still taking items out of the bag, shrugged and said, "It was on sale."

"You went to a grocery though...how did you-" Y/n stopped herself.

"There was an appliance section."

Y/n took some cans and placed them on the shelf.

"You're not going there alone anymore, next thing there's another sale and you come back with a stove or a fridge."

This earned a laugh from her mom.

Y/n placed some bottles in the fridge vertically. Her mom tapped her head, "What are you? Stupid? Do it like this."

Mrs. Kitamura laid them horizontally, only to find out wasn't working out, leaving her no choice but to place it back how her daughter had it.

Once finished Y/n started to feel dizzy. She had thought it must have been from standing too long so she went in her room to sit.

That wasn't working either.

Some water should be good she thought.

As she stood, she got a painful head rush and fell to the floor being consumed by darkness immediately.

===================

Y/n woke up, fluttered her eyes because of the bright light.

Had I died? She wondered About damn time.

Her vision was blurry, but she could tell she was at the hospital.

She turned her head to see two figures beside her. Y/n closed her eyes tightly and rubbed them. She felt terrible, weak and fragile- like if she moved, she'd break piece of herself.

Once her eyes had opened, she finally saw the faces of the mysterious figures and smiled.

"What a surprise."

L shoved his hands in his pockets shyly.

Her eyes then moved to the man besides him.

"Mr. Yagami, good to see you. It's been a minute." Y/n addressed politely.

He smiled, "Hello dear, how are you feeling? " Pushing his glasses up more on the bridge of his nose.

"I'm feeling so good I feel like I can run in the Olympics." Y/n tried to push herself to sit up, but it was immense pain.

Ryuzaki held her hand and helped her to sit.

Mr. Yagami's cellphone rang, "If you would excuse me."

They both nodded and he left.

"I would like to thank you." she paused for a second, "Detective."

He looked taken back.

"For calling the ambulance."

He felt like his heart stopped for a quick second.

"How did you know?"

"Well, I know the NPA and the people who work there like the back of my hand, since Mr. Yagami is head of the investigation and you're here with him and I have never seen you before, it led me to believe that you're the detective that worked with him."