28: Don't Stand Too Close The Heart, Plastic Melts

Walking down the streets of Winchester, Y/n shivered at the sudden breeze.

She gripped the sides of her coat and pulled them together hoping that would provide her with more warmth.

The girl payed no mind to the shuffling of pairs of feet bustling up and down the sidewalk as it was nearing to Christmas so the stores as well as the streets were flooded.

The typical Christmas trees planted in every corner, lights were strung from any place people could reach.

And oh boy, the toys. Toys were at every corner she turned. At the store windows, vendors at the side of the pavement and sellers clinging onto toy boxes walking up and down in hopes of getting a sale.

Y/n walked to the side as too not bump into anyone and looked into her shopping bag checking her items, making sure she didn't forget anything

"Crap, I forgot the candy." she mumbled to herself, "L's going to have a tantrum."

Y/n sighed and looked up, watching her surroundings as she suddenly had the feeling someone was watching her.

Shaking her head when she realized no one was even glancing in her direction. She continued walking, deciding to call it day and head back to the orphanage.

The girl still couldn't drop the feeling someone was looking at her.

As she walked, the people in her surroundings lessened until it was just her. Y/n turned looking at her surroundings.

Upon realizing there was no one around she continued her journey. Y/n felt a hand on her shoulder.

She jumped and swiftly turned around, ready to knock the shit out of her attacker

"Hey, relax. It's just me." The brown haired male raised his hands in defense to show he had nothing in his hands to hurt her, "You do remember me right?" he laughed slightly.

Y/n clenched her teeth in anger and slapped him.

"I'm two seconds from killing you with my bare hands Matt."

"Gotta get in line doll." he smirked holding his cheek she just hit, "Not gonna lie, you hit hard. Goddamn."

She could feel like if she could just break down in tears just seeing him. He was okay, she went to bed wondering and praying the two would be alive and well.

If Matt was alive there was a higher chance Mello was too.

"Were you following me?"

The teen snorted, "No, I saw you from the store window and I had to talk to you again."

So who the hell was watching me then? She thought. No I'm just paranoid.

After a couple seconds of silence, mainly because Y/n was still taking in the fact that Matt was in front of her, "Why," She asked in a whisper almost, "Why the fuck did you leave?"

Matt frowned at her state, "It was bound to happen sooner or later doll."

"You're fucking 17 Matt!" Y/n sighed, "Both of you come home now."

Matt chuckled shaking his head whilst doing so, "There is not home." he pointed to the direction of the orphanage.

"Is it because Mello said so?"

"Ouch." Matt slapped a hand over his heart, "Y/n listen, we're okay. We're managing just fine, that's all you need to know."

The girl stayed silent and looked to the floor, staring at her feet before she spoke up, "I miss your dumbass you know." she laughed nervously whilst wiping her face of tears that had the audacity to fall to show her vulnerability.