10: Realizations And Sugar Rushes

"Ryuzaki, Ms. Y/n. Are you both ready?"

"We'll be down in a minute Watari," She smiled warmly at the man before he left.

Y/n put some papers in a box, closing it up. She picked up the box and walked to the bedroom where the detective was.

She walked in on him making the bed.

"Come on L, Watari is waiting."

"Yes, of course," He arranged the pillows before his eyes laid on her figure, "Would you like me to carry that box?"

It was a bit heavy but Y/n refused to lose to a box filled with papers, "I got it."

He restrained a smile, very well knowing she was struggling but she was so stubborn, there was no way he could get Y/n to hand it over.

"Then, we should go."

Y/n turned around and started walking with L by her side. He sneaked his hand under her arm and the box, placing a hand under it.

L lifted it slightly and slowly so it would be lighter for her.

They moved hotels again. This one was a bit far from the last and a lot further from where she lived.

The mistake she made was depending too much on her mother.

She felt so messy with her life.

She didn't have a job, she was depending on this man and she didn't know what would happen in the future.

What would happen after the Kira case, would he want her staying with him after?

Y/n was scared more than anything because for the first time she was independent.

She looked out the window, not paying attention to the surroundings that quickly passed by but the sky.

The dark night sky that was laced with stars.

She believed when someone passed, they became a star and the brightest star were the ones of a loved one.

She always looked for the brightest star for her, her dad.

It always comforted her.

Though the windows were rolled up, it was very cold and quiet. The lights of buildings and street lights flashed on her face as they passed by.

She settled deeper in the back rest of the car seat and exhaled deeply but softly.

"What are you thinking about?"

Y/n head turned to the detective who was already looking at her.

She cleared her throat, thinking quickly.

"Ducks are so cool, you know? They can fly, swim and walk on land." Y/n didn't want to burden him with the truth.

"That's not what you were thinking."

On some level she knew he would come to that conclusion.

"What are you? A detective?" Y/n joked.

The lights flashed on his face split seconds at a time and allowed Y/n to see the concerned look on his face

"I'm hungry." she distracted

"Well, what are you feeling for? Watari would get it for you."

"Surprise me."

Y/n heard Ryuzaki laugh quite softly.

She laid her head on his shoulder. The detective inched closer so her head sat comfortable, Y/n cheeks heated up instantly by his act.