13: Watari's Loyal Helper

"It was gone."

"You think he hid it somewhere else?"

"I have no idea." Y/n groaned.

Y/n and L had this idea to get the book from Light's drawer but it wasn't there. They could have matched Light's handwriting and it could have been something they could use against him.

L told her Light and Misa had been acting different.

Misa called L a pervert and stalker whilst Light had been yelling he was innocent for the longest while.

The thing was, they believed them. Light and Misa seemed genuine.

While Light had been confined, no one died which is odd considering it'd make him more guilty then out of no where, they began dying again.

The two looked at the monitors. Light telling L he's innocent.

L pressed the button on the microphone before him to talk to Light.

"No one has died since you've been in there Light." he lied

Then Misa started talking.

"Let me go! Please let me go! Your video isn't going to sell if it's just me tied here! Please Mr. stalker!"

Y/n face palmed, dragging her hand down the length of her face.

Then it clicked.

She neared closer to Light's monitor, L noticed this.

"Is there something wrong?" L asked

"He's gone." she said softly as the gears in he mind worked.

"What? Who is?"

She turned to the confused detective, "Ryuk is not with him! He is supposed to be with Light."

"Are you sure?" L bit on his nail.

"He said he's required to follow him." Y/n stood, L's eyes following her. Y/n's face dropped slightly as she came to a conclusion, ."He doesn't have the book."

That's why criminals had been dying recently, because someone else is doing it.

"You think he gave it to someone else?"

"Probably a 95% chance. Light wouldn't give the book up just like that." Y/n said

"If he's so clueless, does that mean he lost his memory of it?" he mumbled to himself.

"Maybe, chances are Misa doesn't have her book either."

"If they gave up the book, they'll need to give up only one, chances are they get their memory back once they touch it. That means they have one somewhere, not in anyone's possession."

The girl sat back down, "I think you're right, Light wouldn't give the death note up if he knew he wouldn't get his memories back. What sense does it make to give the books to two other people? That would be too messy. "

"This could be all an act as well." Ryuzaki scratched his head then started stacking sugar cubes on top of each other, "I have a plan but I'd need Mr. Yagami. I'll go down to where he's being held and talk to him."

"Sure, I'll just." she cleared her throat, Y/n hadn't been alone in a long time, "I'll just stay here, I guess." she laughed.

"You might not like what I have in mind so you'll just have to see when it happens." he stood, popping three sugar cubes in his mouth, "I will be back."

Y/n nodded and watched him leave.

She noticed his phone he left behind. She took if off the table, knowing who she wanted to call.