27: Terrifying Situations And Terrifying Phone Calls

Author's note: Everyone give L a birthday kiss as it's home boy's birthday today. Happy Halloween~

"Tell me Near." Y/n paused, "What do you see?"

Mr. Yagami was instructed by the kidnappers to fly out to the city of angels also known as Los Angeles to make the transaction.

At the airport he was led to a plane by one of the kidnapper's men. It didn't take a genius to figure out that one of the planes was hijacked just for Mr. Yagami

Using satellite they were able to keep track of the man. In L's childhood bedroom everything from computers, laptops, monitors were set up.

"He has arrived and now they're leading Mr. Yagami to the middle of nowhere. We're trying to get you a visual."

Y/n nodded even though he obviously couldn't see her.

There was static displayed on the monitors before it displayed the distressed chief surrounded by a bunch of hooligans on a dry and sandy land.

No buildings, houses or cars were even close to their location

Y/n breathing got heavier and unsteady as she thought that he was going to be beaten up or even killed. L grabbed her hand, intertwining his fingers with hers and rubbing circles on her thumb.

She gave a light squeeze and fed him a weak smile

Her head jerked back when the ground started opening up for Mr. Yagami, revealing a basement of some sort. "What the hell is this?"

"They probably considered the possibility of us watching via satellite." L said calmly, looking at the monitor

They led Mr. Yagami down the stairs and the floor went back to its original state.

"Fuck." Y/n took the headphones from her ears and dropped it on the table as they had just lost visual of the chief.

Sitting on the edge of L's childhood bed, the girl squeezed the bridge of her nose like all stress could be drained by doing so

"You need to be calmed." L approached from behind her, giving her a small message, "You're really stressed aren't you? Your shoulders are like rocks."

Without a word, Y/n leaned into his touch.

"Maybe you should take a break meine geliebte."

Y/n laughed softly, "We both need a break." the tension drifted away as her boyfriend made circular motions between her shoulder blades, his touch was soft and delicate, "And by break I mean a 2 year vacation."

The detective placed a kiss on top her head followed by her temple, Y/n smiled lovingly at the gesture.

"We have movement."

Both of their attention turned to Near's voice over the speaker then the monitor. There was the chief and poor Sayu trembling in fear, her clothes we stained and her silky brown hair was now a mess

Y/n released a breath she didn't know she was holding in.

Not even a minute later a helicopter was detected and a missile was launched from the ground.

Y/n walked closer to the monitor and eyed intensely at the screen, watching the scene before her.

"That escalated quickly." Near commented with no hint of concern or shock.

"What the hell is a missile doing there?" Y/n somewhat yelled.

"If we knew that Y/n we would be in thi-"

"Finish that sentence and I'll kill you."

L quirked his eyebrow at the monitor, ignoring the bickering pair, "Is the notebook on that thing?" L bit on his thumb nail, "Surely not." he muttered to himself