21: Walk With Hope And You'll Never walk Alone Again

"No I haven't seen her."

The men of the task force sighed.

Matsuda leaned back into the sofa, "You guys think she..." He couldn't bring himself to finish his question.

"That is a possibility." Light sighed, "Y/n did take it pretty hard."

"Poor girl." Aizawa shook his head in sympathy, "She's been missing for almost 2 weeks now and we haven't found a body. Y/n's probably dead."

They refused to believe that they lost 3 friends in a short amount of time.

It was heartbreaking.

More quiet without them. Especially Y/n.

She was the loudest and the most hyper out of L and Watari, obviously.

Light withheld a much needed grin.

Happy he was able to eliminate his competitions.

Now with those folks out of the way, he could be the new head of the case and manipulate the men, making them his lap dogs without even knowing it.

Most importantly he'd begin his rain of terror with ease and become as what he likes to call it.

'God of the New World'

But there was just one thing he didn't think about.

In a old run down hotel. A heartbroken girl sat.

Surrounded by sweets that reminded her of her love. Wrappers littered the floor, used sanitary cups messily stacked on the floor.

The curtain were shut to restrict all sunlight that she hadn't seen in 2 weeks.

She haven't met proper sleep in two weeks either.

The first time she let herself drift off, she encountered a nightmare, reminding her that the people that kept her happy were gone and not coming back.

She drank coffee, ate sugar and even took pills to keep her up.

When her body couldn't take it, it'd make the girl throw up in the toilet.

Did that stop her?

She wasn't going to sleep so she'd do it all again.

It was far from healthy.

The messy h/c haired girl had eyebags just as the detective, if it was even possible hers was worse.

Y/n knew she should be out there looking for Light, trying to put him behind bars but she couldn't.

She thought her love was a curse.

Everyone who had it died.

Y/n grew angry with God for taking them away.

The memories is what killed her the most, what kept her up at night and what never left her mind

People say to think back at the memories and smile.

Y/n called bullshit.

Memories like those were reminders of what she'll never have again.

What's one of the worst things about losing a loved one?

Forgetting their voice, the way they laughed, the way they talked, how they felt.

Y/n hated herself for forgetting things like that but with time, she was bound to forget. It was inevitable.

A noticeable frown sat on her face, its been there for weeks and no intent on changing.