EPILOGUE: A Fairytale Prince Wears A Crown, Ours Wear Jeans

~5 months later. Winchester, England ~

"L!" Y/n shouted.

After no answer, she huffed, "L!" She called again but no answer once again.

The female stopped cleaning the kitchen counter and found herself outside of L's home office.

Wiping her hands on her apron, the female twisted the door open.

He was there with papers scattered over his wooden desk, papers stacked on the floor beside him, the man himself slouched on his chair. His messy black hair messier than usual.

L dark eyes immediately found her figure.

"Yes meine gelbiete?"

"I've been calling you for the last five minutes." Y/n placed a hand on her hip, "Breakfast's ready."

"Can I eat a bit later?"

The girl walked to stand behind him, peering over his body to see his desk. She then sighed at the sight, "I thought you were done with this case, love?"

"Yes but." L shuffled through his files and pulled out a paper, "It doesn't make sense." he tapped the page slightly.

Y/n laughed, "Its not supposed to, he just disappeared."

"No one truly disappears. He's on this earth somewhere." L mumbled, biting on his thumb.

"Honey please." Y/n shook her head, "The earth is a huge place."

"You're telling me. He woke up, didn't take his car, wallet, shoes and just started walking?" L questioned, "Without even telling anyone?"

"And there's no trace of him anywhere?" L added.

"Call Matt and Mello to search for him if you think he's involved with gangs." Y/n shrugged as her e/c eyes trailed over the information again on his desk.

L listened and watched as she spoke, "Then you can check plane tickets bought in cash. Today people use credit cards so it should narrow it down."

"If he didn't take his wallet then how would he would have paid in cash?" L thought the plane ticket idea was the best bet which he hadn't thought about.

Maybe he had the money on him?

The detective was more concerned about him being around his region and didn't bother about thinking about him going international.

How could that have slipped my mind? L cursed himself.

L typed away on his computer as Y/n watched as she wasn't the best with it.

After a couple minutes a list of names were presented on a window on the screen for people who paid with cash, leading the two nowhere.

Y/n huffed whilst in thought, "I mean, he could have used a different credit card. If he stole one then I'm pretty sure whoever he stole it from reported it."

Immediately, L looked for credit cards that were stolen in the last month around the region where the man lived.

Then he cross referenced that list with people who purchased plane tickets in the last month via credit card.

One popped up.

"Evan Lewis, credit card was stolen three weeks ago and was used to purchase a ticket to Chicago." Y/n laughed, looking at the screen.

"You found him!" Y/n said whilst shaking his shoulders.

"This is why I love you!" L stood and hugged his girl, "Among other reasons of course." he peppered kisses on her face and hugged her once more.