Chapter 12

Sylvia woke up with a banging headache. She looked around the room, taking her a moment to figure out where she was. Memories of last night flooded her mind. With a groan, she forced herself up. She went to her room, showering and getting dressed. Going into the kitchen she saw Liliana and Giovanni, looking somewhat ghostly. Antonio was at his usual seat reading a book and Lucio was drinking his coffee, signing some papers.

"There's orange juice and aspirins at the table darling. " Lucio said not taking his eyes off his papers. How did he even know she was here? She didn't have the energy to think about that as she swallowed the pill.

Lucio gently took her hand, as she sat at his lap. She put her head on his shoulder and he stroked her hair softly.

"Do you need anything else?" He quietly asked, in response she snuggled deeper into his embrace.

"I know all of you feel like shit but we have a job today. " Groans were heard from everyone, except Antonio.

"Theodore will be at the opening of a new club today. I managed to get us invitations meaning we need to go. Liliana and Giovanni you two will need to socialise and find out anything you can about him. Antonio you're getting disguised as a waiter. I will get close to him, let's hope he's enough of an idiot to give me any bit of information about his whereabouts. "

"You mean we are getting close to him." Sylvia corrected him.

"I'm not going to force you to be close to the vile man who's obsessed with you Syl." She stayed quiet, figuring out her response.

"That's right he has a sick obsession with me. He doesn't know we've found out about it, therefore getting close to him will be much easier with me there."

"It's your choice Sylvia just know if he even dares to touch a strand of your hair, I'll carve his heart out with my teeth." She gave him a reassuring smile, standing up.

"I'm going back to sleep, wake me up in time to get ready." She kissed his cheek before walking upstairs. She looked at the two doors, her room and Lucio's. With a deep breath, she pushed open the door to Lucio's room. She curled into his bed, sleep coming faster than she expected.

The next time her eyes flattered open, a hand was shaking her softly. She opened them and saw Lucio's handsome face. She studied his body, he was completely naked except from the white towel wrapped around his waste.

"Stop giving me that look darling. You need your legs to work for tonight."

"Grand promises my love, I'd hate for you to disappoint." She loved to challenge him, she loved making him struggle. He roughly grabbed her face pulling her closer to him.

"Hush your pretty mouth before I fuck that attitude out of you." She rolled her eyes getting up from the bed.

"Liliana left an outfit for you here and your makeup bag." He said pointing to a chair near the bed.

On the chair lay a glittery black dress. Unlike all her previous dresses, this one was short and tight. She noticed Liliana had also left a dagger with a black hilt for her to strap on her thigh. That girl really colour coordinated. She thought, starting to take off her clothes. She didn't care that Lucio was in the room, it wasn't like he'd never a woman's body before. She quickly slipped into the clothes and started applying some make-up. Once she was happy with the result she smiled at herself in the mirror.

"You got ready fast." He joked, placing a tie around his neck. She cocked an eyebrow, she'd never seen him put a tie on before. She went towards him, taking his tie into her hands, as she began tying it correctly.

"If I knew how to do grand make-up my love I'd take longer." With one last tug his tie was perfect. He placed a sweet kiss on her lips, wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Grand make-up or not you look extraordinary."

"Lucio. I look like a fucking disco ball."

"The sexiest disco ball I've ever seen. You should wear little dresses like that more often."

"Aren't you worried that men will stare at me Mr. D'Angelo?"  She asked, caressing his neck.

"Let them stare, let them admire something they'll never have." He whispered, taking her hand and kissing it.

"Thank you." She mumbled, gazing into his eyes.

"For what darling?"

"For making me smile." She replied, something which was entirely truthful.

In the small amount of time she knew him and his family, she found herself smiling, laughing and having fun. He was the reason a glow had returned to her dull eyes. In just a small amount of time she breathed again. In just a small amount of time she'd felt again. She felt the happiness of having friends, the fulfilment of having someone to care and most importantly the thunder of someone turning her world upside down.

"You shouldn't thank me for anything Sylvia. You were the one that won all of our hearts, I had nothing to do with that. It was you, it was you being yourself." She felt a single tear spilling, a tear of happiness. Lucio wiped it away, kissing her once again.

"We'll conquer the world together Syl."