Chapter 27

It had been two days since the doctor came and still they hadn't heard anything about the test results. Sylvia tried not to think about it.

The whole group was in Lucio's office, they were trying to form a plan. A plan to take down Theodore Devlian and his clan.

"We just get in, shoot everyone in sight, take Theodore Devlian and burn the place down." Antonio suggested.

"It's too risky. " Giovanni mumbled.

"I suggest we get someone inside to plant bombs. We go in, murder them all and when we leave poof." Sylvia said.

"That works. Can that friend of yours the one that got you out help us?" Lucio asked.

"I'm afraid not. We have no way of contacting him." Sylvia replied. Liliana's phone started ringing, her eyes widened.

"Uh I'll be right back." She said, leaving the room. All of them exchanged looks of confusion.

"Alrighty. How do we get into this hecking house?" Sylvia was starting to get irritated, she wasn't used to things not working her way.

"I can get in unseen. I just need a few days to spy on them. Figure out their shift changes and when the perfect time to strike is." Antonio suggested.

"Then it's settled, in a week's time all hell will break loose." Giovanni smirked. Liliana came into the room, however her expression worried all of them.

"What's wrong Lils?" Sylvia asked taking a step towards her friend.

"It's nothing really I just forgot something I had to do today."

"What did you forget? Was it something important is that why you look so nervous?" Sylvia asked again, worried about her.

"I had a date with my boyfriend, I forgot and he's pissed." She quietly replied.

"Oh you have a boyfriend?" Giovanni questioned his voice a mere whisper. Lucio caught the look of hurt that flashed over his best friend's face which vanished quickly.

"I'm sure it's not such a big deal, these things happen." Sylvia spoke again, an encouraging smile on her face.

"You don't know him." Liliana mumbled.

"Call him back Liliana. Bring him over today, I'd enjoy to meet this gentleman, he sounds marvellous." Lucio's fists were clenched.

"Luc it's nothing I can't deal with." Liliana answered calmly.

"It was an order not a request." He merely replied.

"Don't order me around I'm not one of your goons I'm your friend." Liliana spat back.

"And as my friend you should know better. Bring him over or else I'm hunting him down." Liliana groaned, rushing out of the room. Giovanni run after her, leaving the other three alone.

"Don't talk to her like that Lucio." Sylvia threatened, not liking his tone.

"Did you see the look on her fucking face Syl? She was nervous and scared. We're talking about Liliana, she slaughters and tortures men for a living. She's not one to be afraid."

"She's still a person, not some fucking dog."

"I'm not fighting with you right now. Orders are orders."

"Antonio get out." She demanded. Antonio hurried out, not arguing.

"Are you serious? You're acting like an asshole." Sylvia's voice was raised.

"I'm the one who has been hearing her cry in the middle of the night in her room, not you." He yelled back. She let out a breath going closer to him.

"Lucio I get that you're trying to protect her, for heaven's sake I want to slit his throat as well for making her feel like that, but that doesn't give you the right to talk like that." She said softly.

"You're right, Syl. I'm worried that's all. I think of her as my little sister and it pisses me off that someone treats her like that."

"You should tell her that. Instead of throwing orders around, talk to her, tell her that you're worried." She kissed his cheek.

"Whilst you were gone, I had a breakdown. Liliana came in, she thought I hadn't noticed, but I saw a cut on her lip. It wasn't from a mission Sylvia. I just don't know how someone like Liliana would let this slide. "

"It's a fucked up world we live in. It doesn't matter whether you're a killer or a saint, someone will manage to bring you down. As I told you before, she's a person, a human, her mind is as easily manipulated as any of ours."

"I didn't tell anyone that's why Giovanni didn't know about him. I tried to find him but I couldn't. She'd hidden him perfectly."

A knock on the door, prevented them from continuing their conversation. Liliana came in, looking a little better than before.

"Sei uno stronzo. (You're an asshole.)" Liliana began. Sylvia took a step to leave the room, in order to give them some privacy, but Liliana stopped her.

"You're staying." Liliana said.

"I called him, he's coming over for dinner. I hope you're happy."

"I am delighted. " Lucio answered, crossing his arms.

"I have no idea what's going on through that thick italian head of yours, but if you ever and I mean ever again, try to order me around I'll tear you apart." Lucio passed Liliana a smile.

"And you, keep your man under control." Liliana said again before leaving the office.