Ilbilge and Halime Talk

Halime Sultan sat in her tent, preparing decorations for her son's wedding. She was looking through all her clothes, trying to find her wedding dress. She pulled it out and gasped. It was so plain and old compared to the weddings these days. She wanted Gunduz's wedding to go down in history for being so modern and beautiful and big. Plus, how did the dress get so dirty?! Halime thought back to after her wedding. She had worn the garment for about 2 months after. During the migration to Korkut Bey's tribe. That explained it. How would the dress not get dirty when she was wrestling with mongols?

She was to busy in her thoughts she didn't here Ilbilge ask for permission to come in. Ilbilge Hatun rolled her eyes and again said, "May I come in Hatun?" Again, Halime Sultan was to deep in thought to here her. Ilbilge got annoyed and just barged in. Halime looked up and said, "Do you not have any manners, Ilbilge Hatun?" Ilbilge tried to get her back with, "Well I had manners and asked but you were so rude and didn't answer," but she failed.

"Not answering can mean someone's busy Hatun. Know your place."

"Well I came here so you can learn YOUR place!"

Halime was angry. How dare this random Hatun just come into her life and start yelling at the margrave's wife?! Plus, she was also a part of the Seljuk Sultan family.

"Talk to me, Ilbilge. What do you want to say?"

Ilbilge looks at Halime Hatun with a smirk. She sighs dramatically and reaches out for Halime's hand, clutching it in a 'loving' way. "I'm not sure if you knew this, Halime'M, but there was something important Ertugrul Bey was going to do right before your arrival. Unfortunately for him, you changed that. Ahh, poor Ertugrul Bey, ahh."

Halime Sultan knew that the Hatun was trying to get to her, but she couldn't help wondering what this important thing Ertugrul needed to do was? When she arrived, her Bey came out of the marquee with Hayme Ana, the children, and Beybolat Bey with his family. She did notice Ertugrul looking a bit flushed, but that could have been from her arrival. "Ne Hatun? Ne? Konuş şimdi!"

Ilbilge grinned and let go of Halime's hand. She waved it in the air and said, "Oh well, you know. He was just going to ask this Hatun," she pointed to herself, "for her hand in marriage."

Halime gasped. She was shocked. Did Ertugrul really want Ilbilge Hatun's hand in marriage?! After what she did to Gunduz? The facial similarities between Ilbilge and Halime could have influenced it but did her REALLY want another Hatun? Halime Hatun started tearing up.

"Defol! DEFOL! Çık şimdi!! HAYDI!!" Ilbilge laughed and turned around. She found her scarf and walked out as if she was on a cat walk. Ertugrul Bey entered the tent and heard his wife yell. Then, he saw Ilbilge Hatun walk out all happily. She waved at him, flirtatiously. He looked back at her in confusing, and she walked out of the marquee. Ertugrul Bey walked into the bedroom he shared with his wife. He saw that she was faced the other way, but he heard some sniffles and saw tears dripping from her face. What on earth had happened in here?

"Halime, iyi misin?"

Halime turned to look at him angrily. "Get out Ertugrul!! Go be with your DEAR Ilbilge if that's who you really want to be with!! I'm sorry I wasn't here for all this time but I had a mission, and, like you I complete all my missions for the sake of Allah. I AM SORRY ERTUGRUL! I am sorry I couldn't be there for you! But I was gone and I'm not your anymore. Go, go be with Ilbilge! GO! I SAID GO, GO!

Halime broke out and started crying again. She buried her face in her hand and cried it all out. Ertugrul Bey didn't leave. He bent down in front of his wife. Then, he started talking. He didn't expect her to listen. But he just talked. He talked it all out.

"I cried and cried for days after you died. For weeks, for months. I cried for years, Halime. But I had to stay strong. For my boys. For OUR boys. Up in till now I felt that there were some fishy stuff going on with Beybolat and Sirma. And when I heard Beybolat was going to ask for my hand for Sirma. I had to stop it. Ilbilge Hatun was my only hope, no matter how much I didn't want to do it. But then, then Halime you came back like a miracle. I saw my gazelle galloping towards me and I knew, I knew Allah had wrote this in our destiny. I was to only be with you, and you were to only be with me."

He didn't notice, but Halime had looked up and started listening. "R-really?" He looked back down at her, "Yes. Really." Then he leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead. He wiped her tears, and stroked her rosy cheeks with the back of his hand.

"Now," he said, "let's get ready for our son's wedding!!"