The Wedding

The next day was the wedding, and thankfully, Umer Bey's children weren't invited. Halime applied henna onto Irene's hand as all the other Hatunlar sang. It was weird, usually Hayme Ana did the henna as she was the elder, but she insisted on Halime doing it. Halime looked up and saw Irene staring into the distance, love in her eyes. She knew Irene was thinking about Gunduz, and she smiled. MashaAllah, my son chose a wonderful woman.

Halime Sultan finished up in time to go say her blessings to Gunduz with Ertugrul. Ertugrul Bey put Gunduz's hat on, then gave him a big hug. Halime also gave him a big hug, and she kissed his forehead. Then, it was time for the wedding.

—————————————

"Do you, Gunduz Alp, son of Ertugrul Bey, take Irene Hatun, daughter of the Tekfur, to be your wife?"

"I do."

"Do you?"

"I do."

"Do you?"

"I-i.. do!"

"And do you, Irene Hatun, daughter of Tekfur, take Gunduz Alp son of Ertugrul Bey, to be your husband?"

"I do."

"Do you?"

"I do."

"Do you?"

"I do!"

They gave hugs to all their elders and then it was time for the dance. Gunduz held open the door for Irene, then followed her out, and took her hand. They walked down the steps and rice was thrown onto them. Then, two women broke jars full of powder and yelled, "Hayılı olsun!"

The Alps started going in circles around the new couple, dancing. Osman yelled out, "WHAT DID GUNDUZ ABI DO?"

All the Alps replied, "HE WENT TO THE BRIDAL CHAMBER AND TOOK IRENE'S HAND IN MARRIAGE!"

(Sorry if I'm not saying it correctly)

Then Savci yelled, "WHAT DID HE GIVE HER?"

"100 GOLD COINS AND A RAM!"

Then Aybars asked, "AND DID HE HURT ANYONE'S FEELINGS?"

"NO! HE WAS LOVED IRENE VERY MUCH!!"

And lastly, this little boy named Konur that Osman and Ertugrul saved recently said, "THEN ALLAH BLESS THEIR MARRIAGE! HAYIRLI OLSUN!!"

Then, something new, and something that Halime had come up with and planned herself, happened. A young tribe's boy about Osman's age that was also really close friends with Osman had begun to sing with his instrument. He was really good, even for a boy so young. His father had taught him, and now his father sang along with him. They sang sefer dustu and  sevdayi Muhammed. Gunduz took Irene into the middle of the dancing Alps and spun her around. All the Hatuns clapped along to young Boran and all the Beys rooted on Gunduz. The little kids laughed and ran. Everyone had a great time.