They Meet: Uh-Oh

Aykiz ran! She held tightly to her belly and ran through the trees quickly. She rushed to a tree with a big enough trunk to hide behind. The Mongol soldier came into view, and as he looked around confused, she snuck up on him and slit his throat. But the mongols were coming very quick. She had to hide until they left, or find a way to get to her horse.

She started running again, looking for somewhere to hide. Ya Allah, please let me and my child live for Turgut's sake. Please show me a place to hide. She started to feel panic. The mongols would surround her any second now. All this fear and running were not good for the baby. She stopped and breathed. In and out. In and out. She had to go on. Turgut needed to see his child born.

Just then, she spotted it. A trapdoor. Covered by the bushes. It was perfect. Praying to Allah that it wasn't the enemies' base, she slowly opened the trapdoor and descended the stairs. She walked into the main room and saw books scattered everywhere. She also saw a woman's weaving station. It looked like Turks resided here, but no one was home. She would rest here until the Mongols left, then, she would leave. Before the owners came back.

She spotted a jug of water and a bowl. Poring the water into the bowl, she said bismillah and drank until her and her baby's thirst was fulfilled. She then took a bite of an apple, and looked at the rug being made on the loom. It was a little messy, definitely not Kayi level work, but it was still amazing. So many designs. So many colors.....

Aykiz stirred awake to some far away voices.

"She looks Turk, I don't think she will hurt us."

"Let's kill her."

"NO."
"NO."

It was 3 different voices. 2 males and 1 female. It was a man who wanted to kill her.

"Well, she knows our entrance now. Come on guys, this is the best base we've had in years. Otherwise, we are going to have to keep her here imprisoned forever."

"No, Ural. Look, I think she is pregnant. She has a tribe, a lover to go home to."

Aykiz kept her eyes closed. She would pretend to be asleep until they left, then sneak out.

"Wait guys! Look! She has a Kayi emblem."

"OMG, your right. Şükür allah!"

Oh no. They knew Kayis. But they sounded like they were friends with the tribe. Aykiz opened her eyes.

"Selam Aleykum!"

A man with dark brown hair just ending before his shoulders greeted her. She replied to him.

"Who are you?"

Oh well. She would just answer.

"I am Aykiz Hatun. Wife of Turgut Alp of the Kayi Tribe."

The woman gasped.

"A-a-aykiz? I thought..you were dead?!"

"Well...it was a long story. So basically Sultan Alaeddin asked me to, along with the help of others such as Halime and Yigit and Dogan Alp, spy on the Mongols and create a—WAIT! How do you know I died? Who are you?!"

The man who had greeted her answered, "I am Aliyar Bey of the Cavdar Tribe, and these are my siblings, Aslihan and Ural."

Aykiz gasped.

"You...you're Turgut's other wife...I thought you were dead?"

Uh oh. More tension between wives....