Chapter Nine

You awoke in Miranda's arms. She looked extremely peaceful. It's the most peaceful you had ever seen her. You felt almost guilty for leaving her alone. But you exited the room with your mind actively rolling with thoughts. What was with that dream last night? You decided to ignore it and carry on with your day.

Since Miranda made you breakfast yesterday, you thought you'd do breakfast for her today. You scavenged through her cubaords and found some oatmeal and many fruits. You made her a healthy breakfast and but it on display. Mia said that you could burn toast. You were never the best at cooking.

Miranda stumbled in the door and sighed in relief. "I thought you had left." You shrugged. You were definitely planning on leaving. You pushed the oatmeal and fruits towards her. She eyed you carefully. "Thank you?" she asked with a raised egebrow. She let out a chuckle. "I'm surprised... You could burn toast." She teased making you freeze.

You slowly turned. "W-what did you say?" you said wide eyed. She smirked at you. There was a certain glow in her eyes. "Nevermind...." you a said quickly and quietly. Perhaps you were just over thinking everything?

The blonde narrowed her eyes. "Tell me (y/n), did you enjoy life... Before I kidnapped Rose." She asked. You raised your eyebrows at her in shock and annoyance. Obviously you enjoyed your life before this!

You fiddled with your thumbs. Unable to meet the blonde of your dreams in the eyes. "yeah, I did. Sure, there were times were things got rough... But I was happy." you smiled to yourself. "Can I ask you a question?" you asked with a hint of nervousness.

Miranda chuckled and ate a bit of fruit. "You already asked one." She smiled teasingly. You rolled your eyes and tried to hide a smirk. "I suppose you can ask another. What's wrong, pet." pet? Okay.... Odd. But you didn't mind it that much.

As you went to speak, you took in all of her stunningly beautiful features. You had never seen someone so beautiful before. "W-why do you need Rose?" you asked innocently with a worried tone as you looked to the right.

Miranda stiffened. Well shit. How could she say 'I'm going to use her to bring back my baby and we'll live happily ever after and nothing will stop me?' without having you freak out. She knew that you were attached to Rose but her daughter... She was so close. She could give you.. Another baby too? "I need her... For research." she said far too quickly. You raised an eyebrow but didn't question her. She noticed the frail look in your eyes and sighed. Curse you for making her need your smile. "I lost my daughter, as you know, when she was ten... She had caught because of the Spanish flu. The doctors said it was just a cold but... Eva just kept getting worse." You noticed slight tears in her eyes and walked closer to her. You were so desperate to offer her comfort that any resentment you held to her slowly fanished with each word. "After so much suffering, She died... I wanted to die too. To join her. To join my beautiful baby girl." she began to sob and before you could stop yourself, your wrapped her in your arms. She had just told you the most you had ever heard about her past. It was large chunk. Miranda continued to cry. It was like she had been holding it all in for years. It was a heartbreaking sound.

°°°

Sally banged against the door. You opened it with a scowl. "Why did you turn me down, (y/n)!" wasn't it obvious? You rolled your eyes. You had explained to her a couple of weeks ago that you would very much prefer it if you remained friends. Your friendship with her had been rocky ever since. She always continued to try and seduce you even though you had asked her to stop. You had had enough.

You tried to close the door. "Please, leave." you asked gently. Sally growled in annoyance. She turned away and began to walk away. You thought she was leaving but she suddenly came back up to with an angry expression.

You panicked and went to close the the door quickly but Sally's foot caught it just in time. You were about to call for Mia or Ethan but Sally spoke first. Her tone and anger cut you off. "You still haven't answered my question, Winters!" She shouted.

You noticed that there was a rather large crow glaring at the two of you. You quickly snapped out of your phase and locked eyes with Sally. Her glare continued to attack your soul. "Emm... I just got a girlfriend! Two days ago." you lied and shifted uncomfortably. You looked down and tried to get her to go again.

You knew that she knew that you were lying but you didn't know what else to do. "Where?! Where's your girlfriend!" Sally demanded. Your brows furrowed. God. Even if you did have a girlfriend, you wouldn't keep her on a leash and by your side literally for every second of everyday.

Suddenly a growl came from behind Sally. It made the two of you stiffen. "Look behind you." the brunette hissed. She did not like seeing Sally invading your personal space nor did she like how Sally was trying to take away what was hers.

Although confused, you sighed in relief at the brunette. Mia forced Sally out of the way and placed a protective hand on your shoulder. You relaxed under her touch. Sally looked desperately uncomfortable and confused. You knew that she hated Mia's guts. "You're a slut, (y/n). Seeing your own brother's wife!" Sally hissed and retreated. Mia pulled you inside and embraced you as she slammed the door.

The next day, Sally's body had been found. People said the crows had pecked out her eyes after she was brutally torn to shreds from what could only be described as claws. It put you on edge for days.

°°°

You had been embracing Miranda tightly. She seemed to be thinking deeply about something. A small light giggle left her. You barely heard it. But it was a laugh all the same. "I apologise, pet. I just had a thought about Sally." she froze once she realised what she had said. You immediately pulled away in disgust and shock. How did she know about Sally? "(Y/n)... Don't look at me like that." She said and gently grabbed your wrists.

"What are you hiding from me, Miranda." you demanded with a tone. Miranda's gaze darkened as you pulled away. You dare demand? She stood quickly making you back up. Her luminous eyes narrowed into your deep (e/c).

The blonde made you look at her and trapped you in a corner. "(Y/n), don't forget who I am and what I can do to you." She growled. It sent shivers down your spine. Her lips were inches away from yours. Then... She pulled away. She still didn't answer your question! "Come, I wish to show you something." you mentally groaned. It was question after question with this woman. Not to mention that she was the definition of mood swings.

Regardless, you followed her. As you followed her you kicked stones beneath your feet. "Please?" You said outloud. Miranda froze and turned to with confusion laced in her eyes. "Please, tell me how you knew about Sally?" you asked although it sounded more like a beg than anything else. "I'm figuring that you want me to trust you... For me not to run away? Well, how do expect me to trust you if you don't tell me the truth?" you said with sorrow.

Miranda's mouth became a thin line. She was on a thin line to losing you and claiming you. But the look in your eyes destroyed her. "I was Mia..." she mumbled under her breath. Your blood ran cold. You wanted to run but you felt as though you were stone. "Those weeks... After Rose was born, I replaced Mia." She looked to the floor. She was convinced that you were glaring. But instead, you were nearly crying. "Those times when you would spend time with Mia... It was actually me." She finally looked up to meet the horror in your eyes. "I tried to tell you! But we just kept on getting interrupted! You have to believe me!" She said quickly in a panic. The blonde was convinced that you would leave her.

You crossed your arms as you tried to keep yourself composed. "Prove it." you said. "Prove that you were Mia." her heart broke. She quickly shifted into Mia and called your name. Your brain was scrambled. You cared for Mia so much.... But Mia was actually... Miranda?! Mia or rather... Miranda began to walk closer and shifted back into her original form. She reached out for you but you hit her away. "Don't touch me! I thought you had died! You let me believe.... Oh for fuck sake!" you felt as though your body was tearing apart. You got to your feet and ran. You didn't once look back.

You got back to Miranda's house and grabbed Rose and left. Leaving behind the cries of one hundred crows.

°°°°

😐 Emmmmmm I got lazy? I'm sorry😢

What will happen next? 😔

Thank you so much for reading! ❤️