Chapter Fourteen

A few days had past. There was no sign of Miranda. You were worried. What if your brother had gotten to her? It was practically driving you mad. She had been acting off since the kiss. Could you blame her? But you were alone.... In a house... With a baby. In reality you knew that she was avoiding you. That much was clear. You missed Miranda's presence. You heard a phone ring. You jumped. Why was there a phone ringing. You tiptoed towards the phone and picked up. "(Y/n), I rang to tell you that I forgot to left-" Miranda.... It was Miranda. Releaf spread through you at the speed of light. "(Y/n)?" the crow mother questioned.

You felt tears prick your eyes. "Come home.... Please... Please come home." you were practically begging down the phone. The phone line went dead. Was she gonna leave you alone again? "MIRANDA!" you shouted at the phone. you were furious. Upset. Lonely. You were fed up with these little games. The nerve of this women never ceased to amaze you. You felt a hand on your shoulder. You whipped your head round quickly. Throwing the hand off of your shoulder. Your eyes softened when you met the ice eyes of the winged woman. "Miranda..." Your voice cracked as you embraced her tightly. Miranda was stiff. "Don't leave.... Not again..." you begged. Miranda felt shame coax her. She scratched the back of your head gently. "Not like that." you hissed into her ear. "You can't just disappear for days... It gets lonely." you said with slight awkwardness.

Miranda couldn't help but show slight amusement. "You missed me." She whispered. She smiled before taking a small yawn. She hadn't expected for you to miss her. She smirked when she thought of the possibilities. You held eachother for a few moments. She didn't want to pull away. This was the most physical attention she had gained from you in so long. She enjoyed the gentle embrace while she could. "I'm sorry... I have been busy with the ceremony." she gritted out the word she dare not say to anyone else.

You pulled away to look her in the eye. She was sorry? Your hands remained on her shoulders. This seemed extremely out of character. "Mira..." she looked up at the unusual nickname. How curious. "I need you to stay. To not run off. Tell me. When there is weight on your shoulders. Let me help." you weren't entirely sure what the 'ceremony' was but you had noticed her tension. She looked almost guilty.  You inspected her more and frowned. There were bags under her eyes. Darker then usual. She looked exhausted. You put a hand on the older women's cheek. Her breath hitched. "You're exhausted..." you acknowledged. She rolled her eyes. Obviously. You glared at the older woman's attitude. When would you ever have a normal conversation.

"You need me. I'll be alright. I've gone longer without sleep." the blonde smiled with a sinister smirk. Your worry only grew. She didn't usually sleep? "What is it?" she frowned noticing the utter concern and disarray. You couldn't speak. All you could do was take her by the hand. You dragged her into your room and onto the bed. Miranda smirked. "Needy? So soon?" you have her sharp glare and pushed her onto the bed. She fell with a yelp. Her face twisted in slight offence and anger. How dare you! She let out a shout when you unexpectedly... practically jumped on top of her. "(Y/n) Winters!" She shouted in Fright. Dark wings hugged your frame. You cuddled closer to her.

"You will not leave this bed until you let yourself rest." you said sternly. She rolled underneath you but you stayed locked in place. The priestess became frustrated and grunted with displeasure. You still would not budge. She let out a sigh and gave up her struggle. Black wings cocooned around as she settled down.

You both relaxed into a quiet peaceful song of gentle breathes. You had thought that she might have just given up and fallen asleep. "You're a torture." you said nothing as a reply. You weren't feeling like yourself. You just wanted to cuddle. "perhaps I should leave you more often. You seem more open to affection when I do..." she smirked. You held onto her tighter.

You traced patterns on her chest. "Please don't." you hummed against her. "because if you leave me again, I'll tell everyone how overwhelmingly cute you are when you get protective." you whispered in gentle threat. Feathers tickled your face making you smirk slightly. Miranda tightened beneath you. You chuckled gently. "I love the way your feathers puff when frustrated too. It's adorable. How would your lords react if they found out that the old scary crazy crow was really a huge softy." you laughed when you saw her face twisting red. You lay your head against her chest and yawned. "Goodnight, Mira..." you whispered as you let sleep take you.

"Goodnight, little bird." the crow woman cooed as she kissed your head. She felt oddly good about her self.

°°°

Ethan hit you to the floor. "You made a fucking demon!" he barked, once again going to hit you. You curled into yourself. Protect her. Your whole system went into a panic. "Your fucking carrying the devil's kid, (Y/n)! You betrayed me!" he spat. You jumped as he punched the ground beside you. Chris shouted at him to stop. But your brother didn't listen. He was too lost in his red rage to realise what he was doing. He was about to hit you when his body was thrown away like nothing more then a simple rag doll.

Miranda wiped your tears. When did you start crying? She then glanced to your stomach. "Why did you come back. I thought you-" you cut her off with a gentle kiss. The next thing you knew the world was shaking. You whimpered and closed your eyes. When you reopened them. You were home. In Miranda's house. The blonde was holding you close to her chest. "Breathe now, little bird. You're alright." she cooed into your ear.

+++

Slow burn will end here. I just don't have the energy for it any more. Sorry guys. I'm also feel like this chapter was pretty pathetic but I needed to get something out there because I felt bad for you all. Anyway, thank you so much for reading and I hope this satisfactory in some way for you! I really hope you enjoyed. The next chapter will hopefully be longer and more.... Just better in general 😂Have a good night/day.