Chapter Sixteen

The priestess pondered over the odd question you asked a few days ago. It made her question many things. Things she thought dumb of herself as she didn't think of them sooner. Could the megamycete create life? So she did the thing she knew best. Experiment. Time flew by in no time. It was almost embarrassing how caught up she got in this theory. In the process she had discovered many interesting... Things about her body. Things not even her brilliant mind could comprehend. It was... Almost thrilling.

But yet... There was no result regarding the question at hand. Miranda rubbed her eyes and let out a broken sigh of defeat. It didn't matter. She had ceremony to complete. Then at last... She would be happy. Or... So she had hoped. Eva would be back in her arms again and you... You would be her side. But then, that begged another question. Would you be happy? The priestess thought momentarily. Ethan will be dead soon enough. As would the Lords. She would finally have her family. The priestess thought for amount. It would be sad to see her experiments go. Alcina and Donna... She sniffed a little. "Do you regret it? The things you have done to my family? To (y/n)." a hiss came from the corner of her lab. Miranda changed her gaze to the dungeon...

A brunette walked out of the shadows. Dirt covering her knees. Miranda narrowed her eyes and scoffed. She never regretted anything least of all getting her claws on you. Miranda chuckled at the mortal's silly words. She had you. Why would she regret that? "I have her. She needs me. I have her wrapped around my thumb. Nothing shall separate me from her." Miranda hummed as her hand graced the top of the lid containing one of the cadou parasites.

Mia dared to step another bit closer. Feeling brave, was she? "nothing but yourself!" the mortal argued. Miranda narrowed her eyes. How dare this little wench-"And what of Rosemary, you bitch! Once (Y/n) finds out what the ceremony will to Rose, she'll leave you. She's been good at that hasn't she? Leaving you? Wonder if she'll be the one to stab you in the fucking chest! Not Ethan!" Mia growled. "(Y/n) doesn't love you, you sick bird bitch!" with a flash Miranda was against the cage. The force of her presence, knocking Mia over.

The sheer anger in her eyes was frightening. It was sharp enough to cut glass. "I could kill you right now and I would feel no regret! You are already forgotten by those around you! You are worthless! You're nothing? Even after discovering that it was I who took the place in your home, (y/n) did not once question where you were! You were never special, mortal, nor will you ever be!" Miranda screamed in pure rage.

Mia flinched at the tone bestowed about her. Miranda took in a deep breath and took some strands of blonde hair from her face. "You're a monster." the brunette sobbed. The blonde chuckled bitterly and rested against the bars. "You're the devil." was she now? How... Amusing.

Miranda pulled away from the bars and sat on her chair. "maybe I am. I've always had a forked tongue." she smirked and returned to her work. Mia continued to choke on her own pathetic sobs as Miranda thought. She had  a point. You would no doubt leave if you found out the truth. As much as she didn't want to believe. What if there was another way.... She just wasn't seeing it. If there was another way, perhaps you wouldn't leave her. 

By the time she got home. There you were. Waiting by the window with a tired smile. "You're back." you smiled at her. Miranda smiled back. How could she not? She then turned her attention to a small bag she had in her hand. She handed it to you before whispering in your ear that she was going to start dinner and to dress in something nice. It caused a shiver down your spine. "Someone's in a good mood." you mumbled as she walked away. You looked in the bag to see many shiny things. Sea shells, coins, keys... The whole lot. You chuckled fondly and
went to your room to change.

When ready and changed, you entered the kitchen. You were met with red candle light. Rosemary cheered and giggled to herself when she saw you. Your mouth was left a large gap. How? Everything was spotless. You looked towards little Rose. She let put out her grubby little hands in reach to you. "Sorry, honey, but your aunt is all mine for the night." Miranda chuckled as she morphed from the shadows making you jump. The priestess smirked and let her hand trace around your neck. "You like dates? Yes? It's a form of Courting.  since my stones weren't working-" you interrupted