Chapter Twelve

You walked into the kitchen to see Miranda stirring her tea. "We have the meeting today... You slept in so I had to call Alcina to tell her that we'd be late." she openly frowned. "I really dislike being late." she said. You ignored her. Too caught up in your own head. "aren't you going to say anything?" she asked. You stared at her before gritting out a forced apology because of the time you had awoke at. Miranda sighed in defeat. "(Y/n), the kiss-" you stepped in so she wouldn't have to struggle with her words.

"Doesn't matter." hurt flashed in the priestess' ice eyes. It hurt you to say such things. It did matter. "Can we forget that it happened... It was much too soon." you said awkwardly and played with your hands. Miranda looked agitated at the fact that it didn't matter. Her hands clawed the underneath of the table.

You tried your best to read her but it was too hard. "Yes." her words came out reluctantly. As if she didn't want to forget it. Honestly, you didn't want to either. The kiss made you want more. It was too overwhelming for you. You liked Mia... But Mia was Miranda and Miranda was... Confusing you. You forced a sad smile. Miranda glared at you slightly. But it wasn't hate that lingered. It seemed like the sadness of failure. "Get ready we leave in a few minutes. While I attend the meeting, you well stay with Alcina's newest... Pet." pet? She meant a cat or dog... Right!? The hesitant answer Miranda gave you made your mind go on a spin.

As Miranda commanded you were all set and ready to go. You were waiting for her outside. She came out with her crow mask on. Back into the priestess faze she went. The ride to the castle was quiet. You dozed off the odd time but was constantly woken the up the bumbs on the stony path. The carriage you were in was warm but in no means comfortable. There was an awkward silence in the air. "you were about to say something but you were interrupted before you could even get a word in.

"No." you glared at her slightly. You didn't even say anything yet!?

You rolled your eyes. You don't know why she was in a huff with you. Eventually, after what felt like an entire year, a castle came into view. "It's beautiful." you mumbled to yourself. The gothic structure was incredible. It took your breath away. Sure, you saw it from the village. It was unmissable. But it was grand. Miranda was looking at a different view. She was looking at you.

The carriage came to a stop and you exited. You offered a hand to help Miranda but she refused. You frowned and pouted. Once at the doors of the castle, she came to a sudden hault. You bumped into her and stared wide eyed. She turned to face you. Not even reacting to your clumsiness. "I must warn you, Alcina's daughters are... Overly wild at best. Just stay by my side." she hummed. You weren't entirely sure what she meant but you took her words into account. Inside the castle had you awestruck. Just then buzzing came. Three girls cackled as they formed infront of you both. WHAT THE HELL?! HOW WAS THAT POSSIBLE??? You yelped and practically jumped onto Miranda. The blonde looked at you like you had a one thousand heads. "(Y/n)." her voice was soft. She could hear your terrified rigged breathing. Once you make it clear you were not going to leave her, she rolled her eyes. Trying her hardest not to give you a snarky smile. "Girls, where is your mother?" she asked the three girls. Her voice had gone cold. So... Cruel?

A blonde stepped forward as the other two tried to get a good at you. "With her pet in her study, mother Miranda." the younger blonde smiled. Her face.... It was covered in a dried red liquid. It smelt absolutely awful.

Miranda let out hum at the girls response. "Mother Miranda, did you get a new pet too?" a redhead cooed and... Floated up to you.. Well, that wasn't weird at all. How dare she call you a pet! You were human. You're own person! "Look at her pouting, sisters! Isn't she cute?" she wiggled her finger at you. You cringed. She was treating you like a puppy. You didn't appreciate it.

Mother Miranda gripped you tightly and stuck a wing out. Separating you and the girls. "Good day, girls." she hissed. She kept her grip on you even after they were far from sight. You wriggled out of her arms. She glared at you with annoyance. Her feathered wings ruffled. You just simply stared at her. "Insolent brat." she growled under her breath. You rolled your eyes. She was the one acting like a brat. Not you.

She slowed her pace and barged into a room on her left. You followed her closely. The room was enormous. "(Y/n)?!" your eyes were suddenly drawn to a voice you'd thought you would never see again. Elena ran to you and jumped into your arms. Knocking you over in the process. "I missed you so much." she cried into your shoulder. You hugged her back. Tightly. You missed her too. It was like a weight being lifted off of your shoulders knowing that she was alive.

Miranda glared and sneered. She louthed this human. How she wanted to put a Claw up to her throat and slice it right out. It was intense. The taller woman from the shadows stepped forward. She too wore an unmistakable sneer. Her hand turned into a fist as she tried to contain her anger. "Alcina, you wished to talk?" Mother Miranda gritted out.

The taller woman nodded. "That would be correct, Mother Miranda." she replied calmly. She glared at you. What did you do? Was everyone just against you today? You found the thought tiring and ironic. "Please, follow me." she gestured. As she passed you both, she knealt down to whisper something in Elena's ear. Then she continued on her way.

Miranda threw daggers at the gril with her eyes. You gave her a comforting smile. She stared at you. Her eyes softening slightly. Then, she left. Following the countess lady. It was like you gave her the push she needed. "What did she say?" you asked Elena once you were alone. "And... What happened? Are you alright?" you continued to bombard her with questions.

Elena giggled nervously. Her cheeks a dark red. "It's alright... I'm perfectly safe her. She is just possessive... That's all." she reassured. "The lady has been nothing but sweet of late. She frightened me when I first got here." she mumbled in a haze. It was as if she was dreaming. You raised an eyebrow. "So much so, that I ran. I didn't get far though. There... There was these flying monsters. If it wasn't for Lady Dimitrescu and her daughters. I would most likely be dead." your eyes widened at her words. "Her daughters are lovely. Cassandra and Bela didn't really like me at first. And they scared me too. Daniela was the most welcoming. She was a constant flirt. She likes to read most of the time... Like her mother. Bela is level headed and Cassandra is... Quite the fanatic. But, they're adorable once you get to know Them." she continued shamelessly. "I have grown quite close with them all. I don't know why people call them monsters. Yes, I have heard the screams in the celler." she whimpered. "it's part of the reason I ran. But, now that I know them... I just can't-"

You took her hand. "Hey, it's okay. If I'm honest, I did the same. I was looking for a way to escape then this big massive wolf thing appeared. Miranda had to save me because I... At the moment, was a clumsy idoit." you laughed. She chuckled along side you. "She kissed me." you whispered quietly after a few moments of silence.

The shock on Elena's face was comical. "Wow.." she whispered. "Mother Miranda?" She said in question. The disbelief clear on her face. You bit your lip and nodded. Terrified of what she might think. "I'm not sure what to do with that." she said honestly her face. Her voice soft. "Did you like it?" she asked curiously.

You raised an eyebrow. "yeah..
But I panicked and made a fool of myself by falling off the roof." you groaned. "Then I told her to forget it ever happened. It was a bad idea... Too soon.." you admitted. "She said that she was Mia, my brother's wife, that whole time we grew close. I wasn't bonding with Mia... I was bonding with a crow lady... And, the best part is, I didn't even know. She deceived me." you frowned.

+++++

so.... Long time no see? 😅 I put a note at the beginning of chapter one. You can look if you like. 😊🙂

I hope you all are well and enjoyed this chapter.

Thanks for reading ❤️