Chapter Fifteen

Miranda held you close. "What is it? Why are you always struggling and crying in your sleep?" she asked. You didn't answer. You couldn't answer. In a way... You were too fearful to. Miranda took in a sigh before lowering her head in defeat. "I've been watching you... More so checking if your alright. Everytime you sleep, you have a fit. Almost as if you are having night terrors." she cooed and ran her fingers through your hair. "You never used to. Not Before you came here." she said with slight worry.

Truth or lie? That was the question. "I have been getting awful nightmares about lycans is all." you lied through your teeth. You could tell Miranda was not convinced in the slightest. You decided it was probably best to change the topic. "Miranda, where you ever married?" you asked out of the blue. The blonde tensed and her wings stretched in discomfort. You turned look her in the eye. Your brows furrowed as you studied her.

"A long time ago." she cooed as her claws lightly traced the skin of your back. "It was a failed marriage at best. The only things that came from it that wasn't an utter disgrace and failure, was my daughter." Eva. Your arms tightened around Miranda. You didn't wish to let go. At least it was a failed marriage. You still had a shot.

You felt her move into a more comfortable position. "I'm worried." you said with a slight sigh. You then sat up and yawned, unaware of the priestess' glare.

The priestess stretched herself out. "He has a gun?" she offered with little to no comfort. In fact, her words were so drowned in sarcasm that you felt yourself drown.

"That's why I'm worried. What if he hurts one of us. What if he hurts Elena-" during your uncertain rambling, you noticed the slight roll of ice blue eyes. "What?" you hissed. Miranda scoffed and rolled her eyes once again. "You just did it again!" you shouted at her. The priestess rubbed her eyes. "You do realise that you are going to roll your eyes into the back of your head one day?" you said quietly.

Miranda chuckled gently. "Come along, little bird, I have yet to make breakfast. Grab Rosemary, will you?" she hummed. Leaving no room for argument. You stretched your arms and left to get Rosemary. She was sleeping as sound as a lamp. You picked her up and gently rocked her in your arms. Careful not to wake her.

You then went to the kitchen. The smell of fresh fruits and pancakes teased your nose. A little drool ran down your chin. Your face went red as you quickly got wiped it away. Embarrassment flowing through you. Rose awoke to your face. She laughed and reached out for you. You smiled. "Sleep well, little rose?" you asked curiously. You heard humming from the kitchen and raised an eyebrow. "Let's see with Auntie bird fluff is up to." you cooed and held her small hand.

You watched as Miranda continued to flip the pancakes. Weren't you lucky. "When will you let me cook?" you questioned her with frown. The blonde narrowed her eyes as she watched you put Rose in the baby chair.

"When you learn not to burn toast." she smiled.

You frowned. "I can hardly learn if you never let me try." you scoffed with a smirk. Miranda raised an eyebrow and chuckled. Then she returned to the pancakes. Rose watched you with curiosity in those large blue eyes. Miranda watched as you played with her. If only were Eva... Her little Eva. She would have loved you so much. The ceremony was just around the corner and you'd never forgive if she sacrificed rose. What if they're was another way? But surely it was too late. She could say there was accident make the sacrifice then. Get Eva back. But what if you- "Hey Where's the apron that normally says kiss the chef?" you asked cheekily.

"I don't have one of those. Why would I need one?" she asked confused by the sudden question.

You stood and walked towards the winged woman. "What if I wanted to kiss the chief?" you smiled. Miranda raised an eyebrow and with a sudden movement, flipped you over. Hands on your wrists as she inspected you............... Could she do that in bed?! Wait! What! No! What was talking over your head.

She pulled back and smirked. "Didn't you say you wanted to take things slow?" she questioned. You swollowed shallowly. You did. But you regretted it. In the time Miranda was away. You had missed her too much.

You frowned. You never release how much you love and want something until they're gone. You sighed. "I did." you said. "But now... I don't want to." Miranda smirked. How cute. She had you wrapped around her finger. She put the pancakes on the plate. She wasn't sure if you were tell the truth. There was silence Haunting you both. However, There had been one question on your mind and you couldn't hold it in anymore. The dreams were confusing. But in every one that you had. There was always a baby. "Miranda?" the priestess hummed in response, trying to hide the tension she was feeling. "Can you get another person pregnant?" you asked. Cheeks glowing as you avoided her wide eyes.

The priestess nearly dropped her fork. "What...." she said slowly in utter disbelief. Why would you ask that? You hid yourself. It was a stupid question but all those dreams.... It was getting to you. "Why would you-" she took a deep breath. "I've never tried. My powers cannot do-" the blonde whispered. What if they could? What if she could? It was an interesting theary. Could the megamycete create life? Miranda's thoughts were all over the place. No.

You gave an awkward smile. "Forget I asked." you hummed and took her hand. "I was teasing." were you? Miranda didn't look convinced but didn't say much more. It was an awkward topic. Miranda cleared her throat and took away empty dishes. "Where are you going?" you asked as she was about to leave the room.

"I need to prepare for the ceremony." she hummed putting on her mask and fluttering her wings.

Right... You forgot that thing existed. "oh... What's the ceremony for?" you asked curiously. Miranda felt her blood freeze. Fuck.

+++++

WHAT WAS THIS CHAPTER?! I HAVE NO CLUE 😬 TAKE MY SHIT. ALSO WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HAPPEN NEXT CHAPTERRRRRRRRRRR! MIRANDA IS GONNA LIE ABOUT THE CEREMONY!!! SO IT CANT BE THAT. BUT I NEED IDEAS. I'M THINKING KISS NEXT CHAPTERRRRRRRRRRR. I REALLY NEED TO GET READER PREGNANT AT SOME POINT. BUT I CAN'T DO THAT IF THEY'RE JUST DANCING AROUND EACHOTHER!!! OHHHH THEY COULD DRINK! 😏

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK I GOT LAST CHAPTER ❤️❤️❤️ I DONT KNOW WHY IM WRITING THIS IN ALL CAPS BUT HERE WE ARE 😶😶😶😶😶

OHHHHH THINKING ABOUT NEW MIRANDA X READER CALLED THE CROW AND HER SPARROW. SHITS GONNA GO DOWN. WANT ME TO POST IT? CAUSE THIS BOOK IS NEARLY ENDING SOON!🤷‍♀️