Chapter Twenty

Miranda spotted the crystal and her mouth dropped. "I-" She went to touch the crystal as she tilted her head. Elena narrowed her eyes and sneered as she pulled the crystal towards her, far away from Miranda's hands. Miranda took all her will power not to slice the girl in half. "It wasn't supposed to happen like this.." She said softly as she turned back to you. 

You backed away and glared heavily at the woman you gave your heart to. "What the hell do you mean 'It wasn't supposed to happen like this'!" You hissed at the winged woman. Her dark regal wings dropped at your tone but her face remained stone cold. "HOW THE FUCK WAS THIS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN?!" You shouted as you stormed up to her. "God, I'm furious! First, I find out that you are planning to kill Rose and now your lords are dying! Because of you! Seriously I thought- I- " You hissed out.  Miranda's eye twitched. 

The blonde grabbed your wrist and held it tight. "I am NOT going to kill Rosemary." Your terrified eyes met her cold and unnerving. "I was going to at the beginning, it's true, but... Circumstances changed." She whispered, her eyes softened and began to look as if they were pleading. You looked away and pulled out of her grip. "You must believe me. I wouldn't lie." Donna tilted her head in disbelief and shook her head. "To you. I wouldn't lie to you." She continued feeling a glare radiating off of the dollmaker. 

You felt tears rise. "I'm sorry, Mira... I don't believe you. I saw the notes." You began as you turned to face her. She noticed how you briefly looked to the door. "Please leave. I don't was to see you again." You said sternly yet with a cracked tone. Miranda's brows furrowed as she dropped her wings and head in defeat. She wanted to keep fighting but the ceremony was tomorrow. It was Eva that held most of her heart. She walked to the door but took a chance to look back. She called your name in a whisper but you ignored it. She frowned and left with sorrow in her eyes. Not noticing the blonde man hiding in the bushes. "I'm sorry." You whispered as you shut the door. You all sat there in silence. Unsure on what to do with yourselves. You ended up being sick again. You rubbed your eyes sighed in defeat. What were you going to do?

Donna went to make dinner as you and Elena sat at some table and chairs. "What do we do now?" She asked softly, completely lost with herself as she stared at the crystal. You couldn't answer. You thoughts were occupied with Miranda. What if she was telling the truth? You doubted it. She seemed to enjoy lying. You complimented Donna on the dinner. It was the best thing you had ever tasted. The woman in black seemed quite content and happy. It was quiet. Much too quiet for your liking. Elena had excused herself and gathered up her crystal and went to bed. 

Donna, however, continued to stare at you. "You're still thinking of her." She said. You knew who she meant. Miranda.  How could you not think of her? She was a dream and a nightmare wrapped in one. "You should sleep. It's not good for the baby if you don't get rest." You raised an eyebrow but thanked her and sighed. Everything pointed towards you bring pregnant no matter what the lord's claimed. You had sore breasts. The morning sickness. Everything. Yet, you couldn't take a pregnancy test. you sighed and began to fall asleep. It had been a long day.

Sleep took you with ease until there was a loud crash and the sound of glass being broken. You shot up as your eyes went wide. The hell was that? You jumped out of the bed and Swallowed nervously. You rounded a few corners. Until you walked into Elena. You both jumped and she nearly spoke when you placed a hand over her mouth. She calmed a little and you slowly removed your hand. You noticed a knife on the counter and grabbed it to be safe. You heard Angie, the doll, giggling and screaming as she floated through the house. You and Elena stayed hidden in the shadows. Where was Lady Benevento?

Ethan grabbed the doll as he pushed her to the ground and raised a pair of scissors. You were about to intervene when Elena stopped you with tears in her eyes. She didn't want to lose you too. You frowned and looked back to the doll. Then, you saw it. A glitch of sorts. Donna Benevento was the doll... It was as if it were a hallucination! You couldn't help it. You pushed your brother off of the doll as you both landed on the floor. He grabbed your collar and spate in his face. "you bitch! I know you're fucking Miranda! My own sister. Betraying me for a flea invested devil!" He threw you to the ground. You could see the rage in his eyes. Just as he was about to stab you with the scissors, Donna had hit him over the head with a vase. He fell.