Chapter Eighteen

You woke inside of Miranda's wings. Shielded from the outside world. Miranda, herself, looked very peaceful. She looked and was beautiful. Her blonde hair was out of place and her mouth was slightly open. Suddenly, You felt overly sick. You struggled out of black feathers and ran to the bathroom. You rummaging must have awoken Miranda for she came after you. A simple bathrobe covered her body. "Little bird?" The blonde whispered as she gathered up your hair as you boked into the toilet. You whimpered as the liquid felt like it had burnt your throat. Miranda rubbed your back.

You whipped your mouth and squeezed your eyes. "I must have had too much to drink last night." You concluded as you rubbed your eyes. Miranda chuckled at her words and kissed you on the forehead.

Her talon's softly scraped against your skin. "Really now?" She hummed. You smirked and enjoyed the feeling she gave you. "I have to go to the lab today." She announced. You frowned as your brows furrowed in worry and sorrow. "I won't be gone too long. The ceremony is taking place in a few days and I must make final preparations." She continued. She stood and helped you stand. "I will also be taking Rosemary with me." She said, turning so you could not look at her face. 

You walked after her. "Can't I come then?" You asked with a raised eyebrow. You noticed Miranda tense. She just claimed you. She wasn't going to let go easily. Her wings shuddered. Revealing her nervousness as she kept her head high. 

"No." She said. No?! What did she mean 'no'? Your eyes narrowed. Something didn't feel right. "I... Care about you. I want you to remain safe. So, You will not be leaving this house until I have completed this Ceremony. I need Rose as I plan to clone her DNA." Miranda whispered as she walked out of the room to fetch the baby. Your head hurt. Why the hell would Miranda want to clone her DNA? The way she said it sounded like she had just fibbed through her teeth. She gave a gentle kiss before going on her way. You watched as she left the house before narrowing your eyes. You needed answers. If Miranda wouldn't tell you the truth, You would find it out for yourself. One way or another.

000

Miranda set Rosemary on a nearby table as she rubbed her brow. She shouldn't have left you like that... But she was so close to her goal. Mia banged on the cell after noticing the bundle of Blankets which held Rosemary. "Do shut up!" Miranda hissed as she turned to the brunette. The woman was desperately trying to get to the babe. Miranda raised an eyebrow before sighing. "You were right." She growled. "As much as I despise you for being such. You were right." Mia looked taken back. Had she heard Miranda correctly? "If I go through with Killing Rose to bring back my Eva... (Y/n) would never forgive me... She would leave me." She whispered the last part. "For that reason, and that reason alone. I am going to spare your precious child." She hummed as she gestured to Rose.

Mia stopped banging on the door to listen. "You love her." She said in disbelief. "How the fuck can someone like you love someone like her!?" She hissed. "(Y/N)! IS GOOD!"  She shouted. Miranda rolled her eyes and drummed her fingers against the table. Yes... You were good. Good in her bed. "Wait." She said once Miranda's words had sunken into her thick skull. "Spare her?"  Mia repeated her words. Confused. 

"I am not sparing your daughter for you, Mia. I'm sparing her for my mate." She growled as she turned to face Mia. "I could slit her throat right now, And I wouldn't care. But-" She couldn't bring herself to finish. Was she frightened? Mia noticed the slight hesitation and let out a bitter chuckle. Miranda ignored it. All too focused on her notes. "Ethan is still on the loose, and still, he posses a threat." She turned to Mia, walking dangerously close to the bars. "I want you to tell me how I destroy him. He will stop at nothing to hurt the one I care for..." She growled through her teeth. "Do this for me, I shall give you back Rose I double her DNA to bring back my daughter. It won't take long." She smirked. Mia looked the Goddess in the eye. What choice did she have?