7. A long day

Wei ying felt someone's eyes fixed on him. He felt restless. He guessed the owner of those cold yet alluring eyes. That was the thing that made him uneasy.

'Lan zhan is looking at me?!'

'but why me?'

'Is he really looking at me?'

'Should I check whether I am right?'

'But how can I face him?'

'What if i am imagining things!!'

'Did I by chance do something wrong?'

'Lan yi told him or what?!!'

'Do I look weird today?'

'Arrrrrghhhhhh'

Wei ying's brain was so busy thinking about all the possibilities but one thing he was sure about was to never ever lock eyes with Lan zhan today.

But fate had other plans for him. And it came in the disguise of Lan Qiren.

Lan Qiren, who was explaining a certain subject, noticed Wei ying who was so immersed in thoughts to listen to his lecture. He called out Wei ying's name thrice but he was in his own world. Nie huaisang tapped him with his fan, Wei ying came back to reality, saw his master's face, grinned to ease the situation. But to his disappointment Lan Qiren said "since you were absent for few days, you might need special class for extra hours to learn the things which you missed while being away"

'That was so close. Not library again' though Wei ying would love to spend time with his Lan zhan, the situation he had in hand was too awkward to face the other.

"Wangji assist him. That is it for class today" Lan Qiren completed.

"Mn"

"B..but" Wei ying stuttered, Lan qiren walked out of the room with a smirk of satisfaction.

Lan yi left hesitantly while Nie huaisang had to drag the huffing Jiang cheng back to his room who was reluctant to take a step away from class.

Lan zhan eyed at his nearby seat for Wei ying to sit. Wei ying who had no choice but to look at Lan zhan, smiled and sat next to him.

Lan zhan started explaining, Wei ying's eyes were completely into his books.

After a while Lan zhan stopped, giving his notes for Wei ying to write down.

'He is not initiating any conversation like he used to, Lan zhan thought while he waited.

'Again this gaze, I can't take it anymore'

Wei ying thought before he asked "Lan zhan, why are you staring at me?"

"Nothing"

"Alright. I've completed it" Wei ying felt disappointed. A while back he was the one who struggled in his mind thinking why Lan zhan was looking at him, now that Lan zhan denied, his heart felt deflated.

"Mn"

"I am leaving" Wei ying stood up and took steady steps towards the door.

"Did you visit cold spring?"

"No" Wei ying turned back. A simple question from Lan zhan put him in endless joy.

"Are you worried about me?" Wei ying continued.

"..."

"I will visit today," Wei ying said with sparkling eyes.

"Mn"

Jiang cheng was pacing to and fro waiting for his evil sibling.

Wei ying entered the room giggling, replaying the same question which Lan zhan asked,over and over inside his head.

Jiang cheng could finally calm down. As long as wei ying is not sad, he can be at ease.

After eating up Jiang cheng's head for next few hours giving him love advice to approach Wen qing, Wei ying finally started off to cold spring.

Green grass with dew drops, chirping birds, pine trees, blossom breeze, a narrow passage leading deep to the woods, Wei ying loved everything about this evening. After a few minutes of walking, his eyes spotted a few fur balls hopping over each other.

He would love to play with them, but he would not waste anymore time in going to cold spring today.

He reached the cold spring and it was way too cold. But that did not matter to him. Lan zhan did not tell him that he would visit cold spring today, but Wei ying's heart subconsciously wanted Lan zhan to come there. He stayed there for an hour, his eyes looking around every now and then.

With no trace of Lan zhan, unwillingly he started from there as his shijie and Jiang cheng would be waiting for him.

On his way back he glanced at the fur balls, unable to resist, he decided to play with them for a while. Among the bunch of bunnies, a snow white bunny caught his attention and he tried everything to coax it. It hopped over and over and went behind a bush. Wei ying looked for it and spotted it moving further away. He followed it until it reached a beautiful flower garden. It made its way inside the garden as if the bunny was a regular visitor.

It sniffed all the way through, to find its friend who was waiting there. Wei ying was slowly following it, while admiring the garden.

"You are late"

Wei ying halted his steps to see the man of his heart waiting for his bunny. Lan zhan was holding a black bunny, feeding it a carrot, as he greeted the white one.

"Lan zhan" Wei ying giggled.

Lan zhan, who already saw wei ying coming towards him, looked at him and nodded.

"Wangji let me feed them the carrots" a voice came from behind.

Wei ying who was preparing to sit near the rabbits, stopped and steadied himself.

"Nice garden" Wei ying complimented looking at Lan yi who sat next to Lan zhan getting the white bunny from him.

"Yes, it is. We come here everyday"

Wei ying smiled.

"I will take my leave. See you guys" Wei ying turned back waving his hand.

'Why do I keep forgetting that he is engaged. What am I expecting?' Wei ying questioned himself.