39. Flying soul

"I think I like Lan yi" 

"Do you hear what you are saying Wangji?" Xichen's reply was heard.  

"She belongs here"

"Brother-in-law would feel bad if he hears you. Don't be thoughtless. Lower your voice." 

"He won't be up yet. And it doesn't matters to me" 

Lan yi, who was eavesdropping on the conversation from inside, had happy tears. 

'Why didn't I think of this plan earlier? If Wangji hates that brat, of course it would be easy for me to get near him in my real form.' 

Her brain was not ready to think logically about why the conversation was unusually loud and why they would talk about Wei wuxian right in front of her room. 

Outside the room Xichen was seen removing the voice changing spell on Jiang cheng and both sighed looking at Lan zhan. 

"She belongs to yunshen's cold prison." 

Jiang cheng said, as they walked away, notifying guards to inform them as soon as Wei ying steps out.

Last night

Lan zhan was not in any situation to go through books or affairs of cloud recesses. He felt it was completely weird to share the room space with the person inside. The whole day he was staring at the same page, holding a pen. When it was time for sleep, he closed the book and arranged it on the table and that was when a scroll, that was kept among the records of affairs, rolled down showing his love's name undersigned.

"Lan zhan, 

This is from your charming husband.

I am mad at you that you didn't give me enough of your attention on our wedding day. I want you to make it up for it tonight. Else I am gonna do you. 

(Lan zhan's face flushes red and he smiles) 

On a serious note, Madam Lan has sent me this invisible letter wishing my presence in cinnamon valley to seek apologies for her doings. I am going and will be back in your arms soon. This letter is to inform you just in case you miss me like I am missing you right now. 

See you on our official first night.

I Love you. 

-Your Xianxian"

Lan zhan feels helpless as he reads the second half of the letter. 

'Madam Lan, apology and a letter on our wedding day?' Lan zhan could not help but blame his naive husband for believing everybody's heart is white. 

'Should I ask him? No, I can't alert this person!' 

Lan zhan rushes out of the room at once to confirm the same with Jiang cheng. Anything related to Wei ying, Jiang cheng would know. And he wouldn't allow the troublemaker to go alone, he would instead accompany him, nagging him all the way. 

He informs the person inside that he would protect the room and assigns guards before leaving. 

As Lan zhan knocked on the doors of Jiang cheng's room, Jiang cheng was all sleepy and Lan zhan did not feel anything bad about it. 

"Come in"

Jiang cheng knew that this would be about his brother's identity. 

"Isn't that the letter Wei ying received?" Jiang cheng asked, looking at the familiar patterned letter. 

"The one he received just an hour before your wedding." Jiang cheng added. 

"Mn"

"From whom?"

"Madam Lan" Lan zhan answered. The room fell silent. 

"Why would she write a letter to him?"

"To seek apology" Lan zhan answers again. 

"Which dumbhead would believe that?" Jiang cheng seethed. 

"Not a dumbhead" Lan zhan replied making Jiang cheng to crease his eyebrows.  

"Let me see it" Jiang cheng snatched the scroll before he finished. 

"Don't read the first part" Lan zhan politely warned. But normal people don't always heed the warnings right? So did Jiang cheng. 

"Crazy pervert" Jiang cheng rolled his eyes.

'Ehem' Lan zhan cleared his throat. 

"Now that I think about it, he hasn't been the same since our wedding night." 

Jiang cheng silently agreed. 

Lan zhan and Jiang cheng then disturbed the sleep of Xichen and the trio once again planned for the next day. 

"If this is not Wei ying, probably it is Lan yi." Xichen guessed.

"Mn. We should let her put her guard down."

"But how?" Jiang cheng asked. 

"Like this" Lan zhan explained the other two. 

Next day 

At 7 in the morning the trio was standing near the door of the room where the fake Wei ying stayed and two of them were nudging Lan zhan with their elbows to speak. 

"Can't" Lan zhan mouthed. 

He slowly moved away from the room and the other two followed. 

"But why?" Jiang cheng lost his cool. 

"Love Wei ying. Can't say the same for others, even if it isn't for real." 

"Tsk '' Jiang cheng, though loved how his brother is being loved by Hanguangjun, could not show it. 

"Let's do this." As Lan zhan nodded, Xichen deviced a spell using Lan zhan's voice and passed it on to Jiang cheng. 

Like that, Jiang cheng's voice became similar to Lan zhan's and he was able to do the planned conversation together with Xichen in front of the room. 

The three decided that they would wait for a day to see any changes in Wei ying's behavior or to follow him if he goes out, to find out the truth. 

They were aware that if it was real Wei ying, and he was awake, he would have already charged out of the room to face Lan zhan. That did not happen. They were sure that no one in cloud recesses would be sleeping past 5, to be in line with their disguise. 

And if it is Lan yi, she would definitely come up with a plan to come out in her real form. Either way their plan would work. 

Not so far from them were two familiar figures. Madam Yu along with Yanli came and Madam Yu ignored Lan zhan. The three understood that she might've got the news of letting Wei ying stay in a separate room. 

"A'xian" she called out her son's name and the door was shut from inside as soon as the ladies entered. 

Now the trio knows that the person was indeed awake and would've surely heard their conversation. 

While they were waiting a little away from the room, after a couple of minutes of time, they heard a loud whiplash sound and all three recognized the weapon. 

"Zidian"

As their legs just started running towards the room, a soul came flying  outside of the door due to the whiplash. 

It was Lan yi.