34. The Red string

Finally, the day had come. A week passed like years for the couple who met and spent quality time with each other everyday, despite the rule. The binding rituals were planned to be held by evening and the Lan and Yunmeng sects were busy welcoming the guests. 

The row of pink lotuses in glass vases decorated the usual plain cloud recesses which gave a heavenly vibe.

Lan Qiren, Lan Xichen and the Lan sect elders donned their white robes which had patterns of lotus, while Jiang Fengmian, Madam Yu, Jiang cheng and Yanli along with their sect people wore purple robes that had clouds embroidered with tiny pearls. They had flaunted the union of two sects in all the possible ways. 

When Wei ying woke up from sleep, yawning and stretching his body, a bouquet of white peonies placed on the bed side table brought a wide smile on his lips. He remembered placing a purple lotus bouquet at the entrance of jingshi with a card quoting a cheesy poem last night. It was a much perverted poem if others were to see. He laughed thinking how his Lan zhan's face would have turned red after reading it. Thankfully he had used a talisman to prevent others from reading it to save his Lan zhan's face. 

"I am sure he is having dirty thoughts"

"A'xian is cute"

Wei ying realised that he had missed to notice his siblings who were sitting on the other side of the bed, their poses and expressions showing like that of watching a newborn. 

"Let him sleep" Fengmian's voice was heard from one side of the room. 

"I can't wait to try these ornaments on the little one" Madam Yu was seen arranging ornament boxes on a long table. 

Wei ying was unable to imagine how much he would miss his family. He felt overwhelmed by the emotions. He sat straight on the bed and his eyes involuntarily made a short tour to everybody's clarity bell and his heart started beating faster at the finding. His family was wearing the clarity bells with tassels which he personally made. Similar to the bouquet for Lan zhan, he made 5 clarity bells each for his family members including one for himself and sent it to everyone's room last night. The clarity bells looked very simple for the occasional attire they were wearing but that didn't make them feel any less happy. 

As soon as they saw him awake, Jiang cheng dragged him to the bath, where the aromatic bath was kept ready. 

At Jingshi, Lan zhan was cradling a white clothed bundle in his arms. From a closer look, it was the purple lotus bouquet which he had wrapped in a satin cloth to keep it safe. 

"Hope you read my 'Ehem' cultivation book from the library" Lan qiren said sitting opposite Lan zhan alongside Lan Xichen. 

Lan zhan did not know whether he should be answering this, so he remained silent. But he could imagine the pfft laughter of his Wei ying if he were to present with him at the moment. 

After a while of lecturing him about leading a good and disciplined life, Lan qiren left Jingshi as he had important matters to attend to. Lan Xichen handed Lan zhan the medicinal oils for bath and hugged his baby brother stating he was so happy for him. 

He also assured him that the cloud recesses barrier's strength has been doubled so that nothing from outside could penetrate. 

Back in the guest chambers provided for the Jiang family, Jiang cheng kept receiving gifts. The guards were bringing in gifts one by one and one such was a letter which the guard informed Jiang cheng, that he was told to bring it to Wei ying's notice with utmost priority. The letter was written using a concealing talisman such that only Wei ying could read it. 

Madam Yu was adding beauty to Wei ying's hair with ornaments and Yanli was feeding him his favorite dishes, when Jiang cheng approached them with the letter. 

"Other things could wait" As Madam Yu said, Wei ying could only nod and keep the letter away. 

Unlike the previous days Wei ying did not hear Lan zhan's thoughts as he found how it worked. As expected, Wei ying had the control over it. He can choose whether or not to let Lan zhan hear his thoughts. He did not wanted to spoil the surprises and pranks he could do by activating it hence he decided to use it only at times of emergency. 

When Madam Yu finished her work, everyone agreed that anyone who sees Wei ying would fall for his charms. With the red robes and golden ornaments with a Jade pin on top, Wei ying himself was shocked to see his transition from a mischevious lad look to a charming, graceful young man look. 

Jiang cheng was made to accompany Wei ying in his room as others had to be present at the ancestors hall with the sect people to start the ceremony. 

At Jingshi, Lan zhan looked ever handsome and manly in the wedding attire. Unlike Wei ying, Lan zhan did not had ornaments but a crown made of Jade which was passed down through the generations of Lan sect. 

Xichen brought Lan zhan to the ancestral hall when it was time. 

"Dear child, 

Sorry for hurting you. I am a sinner who cannot see her son getting married. I regret my actions and my soul would be purified if you could forgive me in person. Will be waiting to meet you near the cinnamon valley."

Wei ying was reading the letter he received earlier, when a disciple notified Jiang cheng that it was time for the bridegroom's arrival. 

He knew who it was and did not know whether or not to believe the words. He was sure that it should be made known to his Lan zhan. But will his Lan zhan allow him to go there? Wei ying decided to inform Lan zhan once the binding ritual gets over. 

Keeping this thought aside, Wei ying stepped out of his room to hold the hands of his soul mate on the wedding dais.