14. Brother's love

"What does this glow mean?"

"My lord, it shows that it has found it's next master" an old man with grey hair, who had fear of death evident in his eyes, answered lowering his gaze from the person who asked.

"But this time the glow seems to be brighter than the previous times, not sure why it is though," he added.

The evil one eyed his guards who nodded their heads in understanding.

Later that day in the evening, once the twin jades reached cloud recesses, Xichen dismissed his baby brother and made his way towards Jiang cheng's room. He had an urge to confirm Wei ying's feelings since Jiang cheng never gave him a hint. On reaching their room, he was welcomed by a sulking Wei ying, a pleading Nie huaisang and an audience member Jiang cheng. Xichen could not help but chuckle, remembering the incident earlier.

"Zewujun" the three bowed and Xichen had a seat.

"Nice fan" Xichen remarked looking at huaisang who slowly moved away from Wei ying hiding his face with the said fan.

Jiang cheng who did not know about the encounter moved his gaze from Xichen to Wei ying. Xichen after taking good time to think about how to initiate the conversation about his brother, started,

"About Wang.."I like Lan zhan" Wei ying answered Xichen before he could finish.

Jiang cheng facepalmed and huaisang felt relieved.

Xichen was happy that he lost track of time talking to the yunmeng siblings. He was glad looking at Wei ying's eyes filled with love when he spoke about his brother. When he realised the time, he wished everyone and excused himself to start from there. Once nearing the door, he stopped and turned back to look at Wei ying who followed him to the door, both smiled and Xichen extended his arm to pat the other.

'Cough'

There stood Lan zhan freezing Xichen's hand by his stare. Xichen resumed his hand with a playful smile but Wei ying fled from the spot once he saw his Lan zhan. Xichen shook his head and left the place slowly. Wei ying who stood glued to the door inside, placing his palms on his cheeks which were red from embarrassment, slowly peeked out his head to have a glance of the brothers leaving. Right when he peeked, he saw Lan zhan standing there alone with an eyebrow raised.

'oh my heavens' We ying retrieved his head back swiftly.

'Me, Wei wuxian and shame?!, Never'

Wei ying opened the door again with a charming smile and he did not fail to flutter Lan zhan's heart with a wink.

"Shameless" Lan zhan said and turned with his blank face, but had a deep smile when he started walking towards his brother.

"Lan zhan, see you in cla-mmph" Jiang cheng pulled Wei ying inside the room shutting his mouth.

When Lan zhan and Xichen reached cloud recesses, both of them wanted to meet one of the yunmeng brothers badly and neither said it out loud. When Xichen dismissed his brother, Lan zhan knew that his brother would be visiting jiang cheng. So Lan zhan decided to wait for Wei ying at his usual place, the night watch tower.

''Wei ying'' Lan zhan mumbled and a sweet smile lingered in his lips when he closed his eyes for sleep that night.

On another side of cloud recesses

"Lan zhan this, Lan zhan that, let me sleep!!!" Jiang cheng growled trying to sleep, pulling up the duvet to cover his face.

Next day

"Perfect" Wei ying said, walking towards his class with his friends when he saw his Lan zhan coming from the opposite side.

"Wangji" was a voice from a person that both had forgotten in the past few weeks.

Lan zhan stopped and waited for whatever Lan yi had to say.

"You better follow me to class now" Jiang cheng did not give Wei ying a chance to protest.

"Can we go to the garden today evening, like we used to?"

"I have something to tell you and it's about Wei wuxian" Lan yi continued as she knew Lan zhan would refuse her.

"Mn"

Inside the class, Lan zhan did not expect to see the angry lotus in the place of Wei ying, when he turned. Lan qiren's arrival prevented the brothers from fighting. Qiren asked the yunmeng siblings to stay after the classes and informed them of the message of their parent's visit in two days. Yanli and Wei ying were happy but Jiang cheng remained passive.

"A'cheng" Yanli who could not see her brothers behaving like kids, called jiang cheng to hear his side.

"Jiejie"

"What's wrong?"

Jiang cheng looked at Wei ying who was now looking at him like a puppy and sighed.

"A'xian"

"Shijie, it was him who started!"

"WHY?" Jiang cheng yelled.

Wei ying's playful face changed into a serious one. Both stared at each other and Wei ying understood the silent words his brother spoke.

Wei ying without an answer, moved closer to Jiang cheng and took him in a gentle hug.

"I love him" he whispered near jiang cheng's ears. Jiang cheng's grip tightened around Wei ying.

Jiang cheng had this uneasy feeling since Xichen's visit. Till the time Xichen left, it was Wei ying who kept talking about his Lan zhan and Xichen did not say anything from Lan zhan's side. And so far he has not seen Lan zhan showing any kind of interest in Wei ying and it was always his brother trying to get the other's attention. Yes, it pained him to see his brother heartbroken when he came to know about Lan yi but the moment he saw Lan yi with Lan zhan again today he could not stay unbothered anymore. Very recently his dear sister's love was reciprocated by Jin zixuan and now his brother was in unrequited love. And he was not sure how he could solve this, for now keeping his brother away from the cold stone until he finds the feeling mutual, felt right. Moreover he has to save his brother from his mother who will be visiting them in two days, so he would not mind to hold his brother in line.