20. The Shield

'Lan zhan~~Lan zhan~~lalala Lan zhan'

Wei ying was rolling on his bed humming the name of his man, unable to contain the joy, undisturbed by the gaze of his brother. Yanli was supposed to meet the brothers, so they were waiting before Wei ying could meet his Lan zhan.

"Young master Wei, you have a visitor at the gate."

"For me?!" Wei ying asked, surprised.

Jiang cheng's eyebrows twitched knowing the fact, wei ying had no one to visit other than his own family.

The guard handed him a paper note which Wei ying read, not disclosing the content to Jiang cheng.

"I am going out to the town. I shall meet shijie once I am back." Wei ying headed out without a glance at Jiang cheng who was eager to know who the visitor was.

Yanli came a bit late after Wei ying left.

"A'xian?" She asked jiang cheng as there were no signs of Wei ying in the room but his soul weapons were there on his bed. That was when Jiang cheng saw his chenqing. He then told yanli about how Wei ying had a visitor who he didn't know.

"I do not feel right about it." Yanli said looking like she was about to leave looking for her brother.

"Jiejie, he said he will be back. Let's wait."

After an hour of waiting, they heard a knock at the door. Jin zixuan had come looking for Yanli, and the three engaged in a talk though that did not hide yanli's growing concern for Wei ying.

Over time, Jin Zixuan could not see his love with worry and suggested to Jiang cheng to look for Wei ying that he would accompany his sister in his absence and would send a message if Wei ying comes back. Jiang cheng complied and started to Caiyi town and he did not care about asking or informing others as he was sure that his brother mentioned him going to the town.

Nie came by looking for Wei ying and that was how he started looking for Wei ying, in the meanwhile getting the information from Wen ning.

Jiang cheng was finally glad that he saw his brother walking alone, singing songs which not even a single word he understood. Wei ying struggled to walk, if it was not for him, jiang cheng does not know when his brother would have reached yunshen. Thinking deeply about it, Wei ying was a good drinker who could go on drinking liquor, like water, however he was in no condition to clarify his doubts.

With great difficulty he made him hold his waist from behind such that Wei ying doesn't lose his grip while they travel in sword.

Earlier today

Wei ying's pov

"Child, It is time that we meet. I am waiting in the town.
-Baoshen sanren."

'my grandmother?' Never once have I met her before. It feels surreal but still my heart longs for it. Except for my uncle and aunt, even my siblings do not know about my grandmother.

"I am going to the town. I shall meet shijie once I am back" I informed jiang cheng but did not explain to him as I myself am not sure of what is happening. Only when I reached the gate did I remember my chenqing as I tried to hold it out of habit. At the moment, meeting my only family mattered the most.

"Greetings young master Wei"

'Weird'. That was the first thought that came into my mind as I saw that man greeting me. I mean, how did he know that it was me. And my uncle xingchen who is also the disciple of my grandmother, gave me a different vibe compared to this man.

I gave him a bow and followed him. Did I do the right thing by following him without informing anyone? At least I should check whether my grandmother is there, so I cannot back off right now. As we neared Caiyi town, the man took a different route which I am not familiar with.

'Am I doubting him too much or Is he really a danger?'.

"Where are we going?"

"You will know soon."

"How is my grandfather?"

"Good and healthy"

'That confirms my suspicion. He is just a puppet to someone who doesn't have knowledge about my real family'

"May I know which moron sent you?"

'Too late. There is a group of men awaiting ahead of us, masked'

I charged my freezing talisman on that man and held him captive, so that I could take care of the rest. My plan worked, he fell on the ground, unable to move, but that was not sufficient. They had come prepared. I felt someone pressing my neck from behind making my body go numb.

I felt angry, not being able to protect myself. I did not know that I am just clueless when it comes to the real world. They tied my arms and legs with ropes and were ready to carry.

The man I attacked was now recovered by a fellow man, he came to me with no emotion in his face. He infused his power in me, causing it to hurt me. I did not show my weakness. He increased his power to know how much I could withstand. At this point I do not know what they are looking for in me.

I do not have anything to offer, so what do they want? I do not know how long he was hurting me, now I could feel my strength running down.

'Lan zhan' he will be waiting.

That was all I could think before my eyelids shut against my will.

Exhausted. My full body is in pain. I opened my eyes as I saw those men looking at me. With fear? Few of them look worn out and injured. The old fellow is coughing out blood. Who caused this wreck?, I look around. But why are they still looking at me!

"..."

Resentful energy? Then my conscience hit me hard, that my resentful energy is emitting at full fledge.

I saw an activated talisman making its way to me, but I could not move. But to my astonishment, that talisman was stopped midway. There is a barrier made of smoke, separating myself from them. Is this how Mama protected me?

The men crawled their way out of my sight and my dark energy has cooled down. I should rest before I start. Due to excess energy being drained, I could not walk straight. My Lan zhan and siblings would be worried if they were to find me like this.

I do not remember how and when I reached cloud recesses but when I felt the warmth, I knew it was my Lan zhan. I do not want to think about anything else.

He is all I need right now.

"Wei ying, It's okay, it's me, your Lan zhan, you are safe" he said.

I am scared this is a dream. I do not wish to open my eyes.

"Love Wei ying, always."

I am safe with my Lan zhan. After all the things that happened, at the end of the day my Lan zhan is next to me. What more could I ask for?