22. Relief

Lan Qiren resumed the class and he found the apple of his eye sitting next to the troublemaker. His eyebrows furrowed thinking why it got changed, but that did not give him any clue as Lan zhan was attentive as always and Wei ying was still in his attentive posture. He let it slip his mind, beginning the lecture.

Wei ying woke up from his slumber exactly when Lan qiren left the classroom, like his body was trained to the timing.

"Who was that, yesterday?" the impatient Jiang cheng asked, earning glares from Lan zhan and Yanli.

"Ehm..I do not know. He was a strange man who almost kidnapped me" Wei ying said, yawning and touching his tummy, which was asking for food.

"Wei ying" Lan zhan called surprising Wei ying himself who did not expect his man to be next to him in the classroom.

"I am alright, Lan zhan." Wei ying smiled reassuringly.

"Who dared to do that? And how did you make it back?" Jiang cheng scowled.

"Would you believe me if I say that my supernatural shield protected me?" Wei ying asked a question in return, but in a tone of mockery, as he walked out of the room, more like he escaped.

"What the hell was I thinking, listening to you attentively!" Jiang cheng shook his head. But what Wei ying had missed was the concern that stilled in Lan zhan and Yanli's face.

His siblings were the last ones Wei ying wanted to share the strange things that happened to him yet he wanted them to be cautious in case they tend to approach his siblings. He knew that he was incapable of hiding his feelings from his shijie, so he thought it's best if he leaves the place before Jiang cheng shoots out further questions.

Lan zhan followed Wei ying and without words, both headed to jingshi. As soon as Lan zhan opened the door, Wei ying hugged Lan zhan from behind.

"I trust you." Lan zhan said, placing a warm kiss on Wei ying's palm, pulling it up from his waist. He understood that Wei ying was troubled and needed his comfort.

"I practise resentful energy." Wei ying began, still hugging his Lan zhan.

"Mn" Lan zhan kissed Wei ying's thumb finger.

"My core has both spiritual and dark energy."

"Mn" Lan zhan continued kissing the fingers one by one.

"I use my chen qing to tame it" Wei ying felt a tingling sensation with Lan zhan's touch but managed to continue.

Lan zhan was kissing the knuckles.

"Yesterday, I found myself being protected by my dark energy sh-ieee-ld." Wei ying forgot what he was talking about and closed his eyes when Lan zhan pulled him to the front and Wei ying could feel the other's breath.

Lan zhan smiled as he marked his love on Wei ying's forehead with a kiss.

"I belong to Wei ying."

Wei ying's heart raced.

"This Lan zhan loves everything about Wei ying."

"My Lan zhan" Wei ying squished Lan zhan's cheeks and kissed the pouty lips.

Both stared into each other's eyes and Wei ying felt a big relief after confessing.

"Brother could help us with Lan yi." Lan zhan had a serious expression.

"Um..When is the good time to talk to him?"

"How about now, brother-in-law?" Xichen, who came just then, asked.

That was when the love birds realised that they had forgotten to close the door.

Lan zhan's ears turned pink and Wei ying smiled proudly stealing a peck from Lan zhan's cheeks with a quick hop.

Xichen stood there with a blushed face.

"Did I choose the wrong time to come here?" Xichen wanted to know.

'I better get used to this' he advised himself.

Xichen and the couple sat opposite to each on the table and Wei ying held Lan zhan's hand as he started narrating the birth of his protective core and his chen qing practise, Lan yi's threat and finished with the last day's incident.

"Stay with me in Jingshi, Wei ying" Lan zhan awaited Wei ying's answer.

"Yes, that would be better. Can we discuss this with our uncle, he might have a better idea about your core and it's important to find who tried to take you."

The twin jades looked at Wei ying and Wei ying hesitantly nodded.

"Uncle, does note hate Wei ying" Lan zhan assured guessing what might have caused Wei ying to hesitate.

"About Lan yi.."

"I will take care" Lan zhan intervened when xichen started.

"Okay, We will discuss it soon with uncle." After asking about Wei ying's health, Xichen left the room, leaving space for the couple.

Lan zhan spooned Wei ying to sleep, giving time for Wei ying's body to heal. He then placed a seal talisman on the door before going out.

Wei ying woke up from sleep in the evening from the aroma of his favorite dishes.

"Mmmmnnn" he savored the aroma through his nose. It did not take a long time for his smile to turn into a frightened look.

In front of him, sat Lan zhan with the same food tray on the table beside the bed.

"Skipping meals is prohibited in cloud recesses.'' Wei ying heard Lan zhan say it.

"B-but.."

"I will feed you" Lan zhan offered.

Wei ying was quick to sit in front of the table, expecting the food, however he refused to look at it.

"Ahh" Lan zhan motioned Wei ying to open his mouth, bringing the food closer.

Wei ying gulped before he did as Lan zhan wished. He had not decided whether to swallow the food before it touched his taste buds, when the taste left him speechless.

Wei ying's eyes widened and Lan zhan was more than happy.

"How?" Wei ying asked, surprised.

"Your Shijie helped"

"My Lan zhan is the best"

"Anything for Wei ying"

Wei ying had the best spicy foods he liked, which was prepared by his Lan zhan.

Same time on the other side of cloud recesses.

"I will make sure to get back what is rightfully mine" Lan yi told herself, planning what she should do the next day to get her fiancé.