17. Intertwined

"Lan zhan"

Wei ying stood behind Lan zhan gasping for air.

"Are you alright?" Wei ying asked, looking at Lan zhan's pale face.

"Mn" Lan zhan said getting close to Wei ying.

"I have something to say," Wei ying said, stopping the other.

"I do not know whether I will get a chance to tell you this again, but if I don't, now, I will regret it till the end, please hear me out''

He brought Lan zhan's palm and placed it on his chest.

"Lan zhan, I love you"

As Wei ying tried to freeze this moment in his heart, Lan zhan tried to free his hand from Wei ying's grip.

"Uh..s-sorry" Wei ying looked vulnerable.

He let go of the other's hand and tried to put on a smile like used to, in which he miserably failed. He lowered his head fighting his emotions and the heart ache which increased by each second that passed.

He felt warmness engulfing his body, and that was when he realised that he was being hugged by his Lan zhan. His tears poured out. Wei ying did not know what to feel at the moment. Whether to be happy thinking about being in the embrace of his beloved or to be sad thinking about not being able to see his man after he leaves yunshen.

'Is he trying to console me?'

"I am leaving yunshen" Wei ying managed to say amidst the confusion.

"You can't," Lan zhan said in a husky voice.

"Don't leave me, Wei ying"

Wei ying could not comprehend what was happening. He could not believe his ears.

As there was no response from the other, Lan zhan broke the hug gently and looked at Wei ying who was blinking.

Wei ying saw Lan zhan smile at him before pulling him into another gentle hug.

'He can smile!!'

"I Love you, my Wei ying"

'I am his, Wei ying'

Wei ying tried to speak, but could not form any words. In turn he hugged his Lan zhan tightly not knowing the spectators who were happy looking at the couple.

Xichen, Jiang fengmian and Jiang cheng were watching them from a short distance. Xichen and fengmian nodded at each other with a smile and Jiang cheng, though happy inside, was rolling his eyes at an abnormal speed. They waited, looking out for people to avoid others witnessing this love confession in order to prevent the sect elders from getting qi deviation. Fortunately the couple met in the mountain area where people don't wander.

'So, we will kiss?' Wei ying's brain cells were so active that he giggled thinking about kissing.

Lan zhan pulled his head back from Wei ying's shoulder to see what made him giggle at this precious moment.

Wei ying waited for the kiss, staring at the other. Lan zhan did not understand why wei ying was looking at him with eyes full of sparkles.

''Isn't it time for kissing yet?'' Wei ying finally asked.

"Shameless" Lan zhan said, his full face blooming pink.

'Ehem' it was Xichen who cleared his throat with an embarrassed smile. Jiang fengmian was admiring the sky all of a sudden but his hands were holding Jiang cheng who was ready to charge.

Wei ying looked at the audience and smiled proudly.

"As if you haven't kissed Wen qing. Tsk tsk" Wei ying said nonchalantly, how can he miss getting on his brother's nerves.

"I see" Fengmian remarked.

Lan zhan had already noticed them but his entire soul and mind were occupied by his Wei ying. He brought Wei ying's hand up, intertwined their fingers and bowed at Jiang fengmian as a gesture.

Wei ying could not wait any longer.

"Lan zhan, let's go" he pulled his Lan zhan as he walked deep inside the forest, and Lan zhan followed him like a tamed lion.

Somewhere else

"Are you sure that it is that kid?"

"Yes master, he was able to see the illusion while others couldn't"

"A mere 17 years old kid? An orphan? I could already imagine getting my hands on yin metal. Let's get our way inside cloud recesses or lure him out."

Back in cloud recesses

Wei ying and Lan zhan walked hand in hand, and arrived at where the bunnies were. Both were worried about each other, which they did not show. Lan zhan wanted to introduce Wei ying to his uncle as his partner, but before that he should solve the trouble called Lan yi. Wei ying on the other hand wanted to know whether he hurt his Lan zhan during night hunting and also wanted to tell him about his core. The time went by as both cherished their togetherness.

Lan zhan's mind clock ticked, reminding him that it was his time to report the everyday activities to his uncle.

Wei ying looked at him with puppy eyes, which almost convinced Lan zhan to kiss him. But then, he controlled himself, thinking it is not right to do it now.

"Alright, I will wait for you in class" To Wei ying, tomorrow felt too long to wait.

"Mn"

'See you at night, Wei ying' Lan zhan was not sad like Wei ying, since he respected his sect duties and responsibilities. And without Wei ying's knowledge he has spent his nights thinking about Wei ying watching over his room during night watch all along, and he will be doing the same today as well.

Wei ying spent his time with bunnies, not wanting to leave the place where he spent his time with Lan zhan a while ago. He laid down on the grass, watching the stars. Then he remembered his need to check his core, due to the particular incident at night hunt.

He went to his usual place, the tree, and started playing his chenqing.

Lan zhan was reporting to his uncle, an image of Wei ying's smile crossed his mind and he abruptly stopped talking. And that was not the first time he did it today. Xichen was smiling at his brother, with a teasing look, sitting next to his uncle.

"Wangji, you can retire for the day," Qiren said with a thoughtful expression.

'I miss my Wei ying, I should not have left him earlier', Lan zhan thought as he walked out of the chamber.

"You can still meet him brother" Xichen answered Lan zhan's thoughts as he read it.

Lan zhan wasted no time in rushing towards the forest to see his moonlight angel.