41. Hide and Seek

'Why isn't it working with these idiots?'

Wei ying felt stressed. He wanted to get the attention of the guards so that he could figure out how to escape from them. After several hours of trying to talk to them, no matter what he did, they never responded verbally. Flirting, talking, joking, irritating, nothing worked. 

The room was quite big and from the looks of it, Wei ying knew that it must be the personal space of an important person. He could go through the stuff if not for the guards. If he was lucky he could even get his hands on talismans or any possible weapons. 

Now that he thought about it, the guards were being nice to him and not harming him in any way, so why not give it a try? 

There was a big bed at the other end of the room and on either side of the bed, there were cabinets alongside the wall. 

Wei ying being the casual person he is, with an extraordinary acting talent, walked slowly like he was strolling around. The guards initially looked alerted, yet in a few seconds they took their calm guarding position. There were piles of scrolls inside each cabinet which were completely blank. Wei ying thought the person must definitely be mad to keep these unused things as treasures, so as to keep them locked in their bedroom. 

The Cabinet search was done and the only thing left was the bed. There was a jewel box near the pillow and when Wei ying stretched his hand and grabbed it, something or someone snatched the box immediately. And there was no one near Wei ying at the moment to his shock. 

"Hahahahaha"

Suddenly evil laughter erupted loudly near him and Wei ying stepped back away from the bed at once. As he noticed, the center portion of the bed showed that someone was actually lying down through the folds yet the person couldn't be seen. 

"Who?" 

Wei ying asked, not showing his fear. If it was his own body or if he had his soul weapons, he wouldn't ve felt the feeling of fear today. 

"The person who is going to bless you with death soon" 

The voice answered unhurriedly as the invisible green robed man became visible to Wei ying's eyes. He was lying on his side, his one hand holding his head up like he was leisurely staring at the events. 

Wei ying had seen people using teleportation talisman but this was the first time he came across someone who could become invisible. 

"Coward who stays hidden" Wei ying commented nonchalantly. 

"I was only enjoying your act." Hui Zheng replied with a smug. 

'Oh no. So since the moment I woke up he has been watching me.' 

Wei ying clearly understood the reason why the guards never responded to him. Of Course how could they in the presence of their Master. Then he also remembered his so-called casual stroll inside the room in search of weapons.

'Lan zhan, this man bullied me' Wei ying could only whine in his thoughts.

"Enjoy your last few days until your body is brought back." Hui Zheng said politely that no one ordinary person would be able to see through his real nature. 

"You would have guessed why she needed your body on your first night right?" Hui zheng stirred Wei ying's heart and became invisible again. 

"Shit!! I missed my first night with my Lan zhan" 

Hui zheng could only facepalm at the reaction he received. 

Outside the walls

Backup had not arrived yet and the gatekeeper had finally inquired Xichen and Lan zhan. Lan yi asked him to inform her arrival to their Lord. 

After a while, the gatekeeper returned from the building and told them that Lan yi was allowed to enter. 

"I shall carry the soul container inside." Lan zhan stepped forward. 

The guard nodded. Xichen and Jiang cheng shook their heads at Lan zhan as the sect elders and the support had not arrived. But then Lan zhan knew that it was risky to go inside alone, he even had promised his uncle that he would wait until he joined them, but when he saw the hues of morning sky creeping up, he couldn't wait anymore, afraid he had to wait one more day. 

When the gatekeeper lifted the barrier, Lan zhan kicked off inside immediately carrying the qiankun pouch and the jar. In no more than a few seconds, the night fell and the sect wall that was in their view disappeared without any trace, as if it was never there. 

"I didn't know that your husband was this capable. He is here right now. Aren't you happy? Let's see whether he can find us." Hui zheng received the notification and casted a spell on the wall that showed none other than Lan zhan entering the premises. 

Wei ying was so happy to see his love after so many days that he couldn't form any words to speak. His eyes welled up and his hearty smile made his face blush a little. 

The vision on the wall continued and after Lan zhan entered the great hall, a guard collected the jar and qiankun pouch and he had no choice but to give it away reluctantly. The guard disappeared from his sight and the place was void of people. Wei ying realised that those freaks had become invisible. 

He trusted in Lan zhan's capabilities however his heart was drumming violently as he was unable to help him. 

Lan zhan received two sword strikes from two different sides but he couldn't see anyone in the vicinity. He smoothly defended the blades from the almost inaudible noise that he heard whenever the swords neared him. 

"Losers" Wei ying showed his displeasure at the unfair fight. 

The number of swords against Lan zhan increased and he was on high alert. Lan zhan quickly defended the swords in one go and picked his guqin. He plucked a string and it vibrated, resonating through the entire space. 

From then he heard no sound. That was a deadly strike and he knew the enemies would be hurt badly. 

Meanwhile inside the room, the body and soul was brought to Hui zheng as he sent Lan yi's soul inside Wei ying's, he locked Wei ying's body before he casted a reverse spell that worked immediately. 

Wei ying was not sure why this mad man was so calm despite the fact Lan zhan has defeated the enemies and is closer to the rescue. 

Suddenly a voice roared in Lan zhan's ears and he saw his love tied by binding ropes and near him was a man in green robes smiling. 

Hui zheng made Lan zhan see them through his vision. 

"Have you heard of soul shattering Hanguangjun? If you dare take one more step, I will show you."