12. Finding the Master

Lan Qiren gathered the sect elders to inform the cancellation of engagement, though few elders were not happy with the news, it did not create a fuss.

Other than the elders of the sect who were present, rest had no idea about why the engagement got cancelled, which included Jiang cheng. When Xichen told him about it, Jiang cheng wanted to know the reason but he stopped himself from showing his curiosity, afraid he might blurt out about his crazy brother.

Wei ying did not care about the reason, he was worried about Lan zhan, though deep down his heart felt relieved, when he came to know about it. He promised to himself that he will be there for his Lan zhan. He decided that he should make his presence visible to Lan zhan. And he started doing it right away.

For the next few days, wherever Lan zhan went, Wei ying followed him.

"Lan zhan"

"Lan zhann"

"LAN ZHAN"

"Lan Wangji"

"Hanguangjun"

"Lan zhannnnnnnn"

In the classroom, behind the bush, on the tree, Wei ying would pop out of nowhere startling Lan zhan. As days passed Lan zhan got used to his presence but he never acknowledged. Xichen worried about his brother who was not trying to accept the feelings.

One such day, Lan zhan and Xichen were summoned by their uncle regarding the movement of yin metal in a nearby town. They heard news that yin metal was re- surfacing. Being lost for decades, they did not know the exact power the yin metal had. They got the update about yin metal when a person who practised resentful energy for years, got powerful overnight and caused atrocity to the town people. But to their confusion, that man died after a week's time and yin metal was nowhere to be found near him. Lan sect already sent people to make a search on the town but they did not get any clue. So Lan qiren wanted his two proud nephews to find it before it got into the hands of evil ones.

As the twin jades came out from the hall, they were so deep in discussion about yin metal that they did not notice Wei ying and his friends coming towards them.

"Lan zhan"

"Lan zhannn"

"Hanguangjun"

Xichen heard it atlast and smiled at Wei ying but Lan zhan ignored and continued his conversation with his brother as it involved lives of people.

Wei ying pouted as he did not get any response from his dear one.

"Shut up your mouth, will you?" Jiang cheng shouted at Wei ying and rolled his eyes unable to see his brother getting ignored.

Wen qing nudged Jiang cheng and eyed him to cool down. Nie Huaisang tried to divert Wei ying but that did not work.

Wei ying understood Jiang cheng cared for him, and that was the reason why he got angry, but the thought that Lan zhan was not responding to him, not even looking in his direction made him sad. Because this was not the first time. Ever since the day he started doing this, in the initial days Lan zhan used to look at him but later it had no effect on the other. He saw his shijie walking along with the proud peacock in a distance and he ran towards her.

"Shijie!!"

Yan li saw her brother coming towards her, reading his face which looked sad, without any words, she took him in a gentle embrace.

"Who hurt my lil A'xian?" She asked him patting his shoulders.

"Dog cheng"

Yan li giggled.

"Want me to bring my dear friend fairy?" Jiang cheng who came behind Wei ying asked with a smirk.

"A'cheng do not scare him!"

Wei ying made a tongue out and Jiang cheng ignored.

They heard someone coughing and it was Zixuan. Understanding the meaning, Wei ying reluctantly broke the hug only to be hugged by his shijie once again.

"Wangji, why are you ignoring young master Wei?" Xichen asked.

"Am I?"

"Are you not?" Xichen sighed.

Lan zhan did not answer. He did not wanted the attention of others, so he never responded to Wei ying's calls.

Back in Wei ying's room, after struggling a lot to find the right words to comfort Wei ying, Jiang cheng finally spoke.

"You are dumb"

'why can't i find better words than this' Jiang cheng cursed himself in his mind.

"You suck at this Jiang cheng" Wei ying finally smiled. Jiang cheng rolled his eyes.

"Don't you get bored of stalking that cold stone?"

"Why would I?" Wei ying replied with dreamy eyes. But then the words Jiang cheng asked hit him hard.

'What if Lan zhan is tired of me?' 'Is that why he does not respond?!' Wei ying questioned himself in his mind.

"I am the dumber one to ask you that question, knowing you are dumb" Jiang cheng face palmed.

Unknown location

"Why the hell is this metal not recognising me?"

A man with a sinister look grabbed the neck of another man and questioned him.

"Are you sure this is the right one?" He continued without letting the other to talk.

"What the heck am I lacking in to become it's master?" his hold on the other's throat tightened.

"Ma-ma-ster.." the other tried to answer.

"Bring whoever practises dark energy, I need people to test on them" he released the man on hold and left without a glance.

The next day as usual Lan zhan was in his class, waiting for someone. He heard the voice just outside the classroom and he anticipated the arrival of that someone.

Jiang cheng and others entered the classroom, but Wei ying did not. He glanced at their side and the entrance but he found no signs of Wei ying. But he did heard the voice of Wei ying a while before.

Wei ying started to class with a plan in hand. He did not wanted Lan zhan to see him. He was afraid that his Lan zhan would get tired of seeing him everyday like Jiang cheng asked. He can't help but call out Lan zhan and smile at him once he sees him. So he decided its best to not appear in class. He tugged a jar of emperor's smile filled with water, onto his waist band. He faked hiding it in front of Lan qiren, who was coming from his chamber, and the old man sent him back right away with a punishment.

'Poor uncle, he loses his logical reasoning whenever he sees me, good thing I filled the jar with water' Wei ying praised himself.