10: Realizations And Sugar Rushes

Start from the beginning

They both settled on a movie and put it on.

Y/n was way too tired to stay awake for the entirety so she fell asleep against the detective's arm. He didn't dare to move to wake her.

He muted it, opening his laptop to finish up on some work while Y/n was latched onto him.

God he loved it when she did.

Hours turned into days, days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months.

The number of hotels the two moved from were insane.

The two spent most of their time with each other in the living room, falling asleep on the couch- mainly Y/n anyway.

It was their routine.

They would share ideas and theories, trying to make sense of their new knowledge of the case, watch movies, eat a ton of sweets and candy.

L enjoyed Y/n on a sugar rush. She was hyperactive, always jumping around the detective or singing her lungs out and was clingier than ever.

When the night caved in, Ryuzaki would insist she should go to bed but Y/n always refused but he wouldn't worry too much about it since eventually she would fall asleep on the couch against the man's arm.

Sometimes he'd sleep for an hour or so himself but mostly he stayed awake, doing some sort of work and making sure nothing happened to Y/n whilst she slept.

This night was different.

Y/n woke up in the early morning, she noticed it was still dark outside. She looked over to the sleeping man beside her.

A smile crept on her face, seeing as he slept in his crouched position as well. Ryuzaki looked so peaceful, she was happy to see him like that.

His head was tilted to the side, lying comfortably on his shoulder.

Y/n took the blanket that was on her and draped it around his shoulders and arms.

There was no way she could go back to sleep now, the task force would be there in a couple hours so it was best for her to stay awake.

Y/n was much happier away from her mother. Despite everything she put her through, she was sill worried about her.

She knew she shouldn't

Y/n opened the fridge and took out a bowl that had was filled with jello. She took a spoon from one of the small drawers.

She sat on the kitchen counter, the cold bowl on her bare thighs and dug in.

"Oh my God." she moaned slightly, "Was this made in heaven?"

It was the perfect amount of sweet and the texture was on point.

"It was actually made by Watari."

Y/n was startled by the voice since she was alone and wasn't expecting anyone else.

She looked her right to meet the dark, tired eyes of the detective.

She hovered her hand over her mouth and asked with a mouthful of jello, "What are you doing up?"

" I could ask you the same thing, giggles."

Y/n cringed at the name, "That was one time." she groaned.

He neared closer to her, "Why are you up?"

His voice was deeper when he was tired or had just woken up

"Just decided to wake up a bit early," the girl shrugged, bringing a spoon full of jello to her mouth.

"It's 4 a.m Y/n." L looked at her with scrutiny.

When Y/n noticed this she stopped herself, "Oh, I'm sorry." She brought a spoon of jello to his lips, he wasn't going to say no to that.

She smiled and continued eating, giving L a spoonful when he had finished with the last she gave.

"What are you doing up? I left you sleeping."

"After some time I didn't feel you beside me so I had to make sure you were alright." he said as if it was normal.

The detective saw her cheeks turning pink but didn't mention it.

"He has to show me how he made this." she said after unwillingly closing the bowl, setting it beside her.

Y/n grabbed L's arm and pulled him to the space between her legs.

He felt her touching his hair but was unsure as to what she was doing, "What are you doing?"

"You have lint in your hair." she picked at the small white fuzz in his fluffy hair, "Were you cleaning the sofa or something? Jesus."

When she picked out all she ran her fingers through his hair, it was soft and passed through her fingers with ease.

"Don't stop." he said, lost in her touch.

She did as she was told, Y/n felt the detective's arm around her waist as he didn't know where else to put it.

He laid his head on her shoulder, laying it close to the side of Y/n's neck as she played with L's hair

Ryuzaki loved the feeling, it was comforting and he couldn't help it. He never pictured himself being touchy with anyone, he didn't know he was capable of it.

He felt out of character when around her, he didn't even recognize himself.

Sure enough he felt emotions but this was different. He was expressing those feelings and crazy enough, it felt right.

Ryuzaki was never dependent on anyone, even with Watari he was just a man who knew everything about him and helped him out whenever the detective needed.

L did care for Watari as he did see him as a father figure but didn't necessarily need his presence with him all the time.

He needed Y/n's presence, he needed her here. If not he'd feel empty or something was missing.

"L?" she called softly.

"Hm?"

Y/n giggled softly, "You're getting sleepy, aren't you?"

She felt him as he shook his head no

"Come on L."

She jumped off the counter and dragged him to bed.

"Get in." he demanded as he laid down, Y/n raised her eyebrows but complied anyway.

She got in next to him, slipping under the covers.

Y/n moved herself up more on the bed she could play with L's hair since it seemed to make him quite sleepy.

Within minutes he was out cold and so was she.