Facetime

"Hey Jules!" I cheered as I embraced my boss in for a hug

"Hey Jules!" I cheered as I embraced my boss in for a hug. Jules has been a big part of my life for the best part of five years. I was fourteen when I started working here, and ever since she's looked out for me. In fact, she was the first person I came out to... She'd been away on holiday for the last month, travelling around the world, bitch.

"Oh Reese, how are you hun?" She squeezed me back tightly, I wasn't sure she'd ever let go.

I chuckled into her, "I'm ok you know!"

"Do you need time off next week?" She asked as she pulled away, her smile disappearing.

"No, I'm good. It's better to be busy, plus it's not the actual anniversary," I assured, but she always worried no matter how convincing I was.

"I know Reese, but it's still the anniversary of the funeral and I know that it was a hard day for you to say goodbye," Julie was an extremely caring boss- She promoted me to assistant manager a few months after my parents accident to help me stay afloat. Although, she promises to this day that she would've given it me regardless of my growing bills.

"I honestly would rather be here, this place is home, and we're family and I need family on those big days, not an empty house..." Julie sent me a caring nod and handed me a gift bag filled with cute souvenirs from her trip. I thanked her before she disappeared into the back to catch up on some work on the computer. I'd been covering her which was great because if she goes away she pays me her rate. Stress wise, not so good. I don't know how she does that job long-term.

__________________________________

iMessage
Billie

Hi

Hey. Are you ok?

Yeah, haven't woke you have i?

No, I'm at work. Question is why are you up isn't it like 3 am there?

Yea, I don't sleep. Work again?

Yeah, not all of us are blessed with talent

Hm... how do you know I have talent?

I don't, I'm guessing. Hey I gtg Tom has come in!

Ft me tonight cutie

I might

__________________________________

"Hello cherub!" Tom cheered with a grin... I love that grin. He wears squared glasses and looks exactly like Carl Fredricksen from the Disney movie Up when he does his cheery face, it's adorable.