Is this real?

I turned to Tom whilst Billie greeted the others, "I can't believe you

I turned to Tom whilst Billie greeted the others, "I can't believe you."

He let out a mighty belly laugh, "did you really think that the jewellery was my idea of a thoughtful present?" True Tom, very true.

Somehow none of the dots connected. Ria would never go out alone, and Jules is far too sweet to ask me to work on my birthday.

"We're still going on a date by the way," Billie said sternly.

"Mhm" shit, I'm so nervous around her.

Billie got to know the others for ten minutes or so whilst I stood in the corner with Tom, "you've outdone yourself, Mr.Webb."

Tom patted himself on the back proudly, "are you happy?"

"I am. I am so happy," Tom held his arms open and I fell into them, "I don't know why you did this for me. I can't thank you enough."

Tom rubbed my back gently, "do you really want to know why?"

I nodded into his chest, "I believe that she's your one great love Reese."

A lump developed in my throat, and I made no attempt to get rid of it. I peered up at him, and then browsed the room for Billie, my eyes quickly landing on her, admiring her features, "me too."

We pulled away from the hug and Tom insisted that Billie and I go over to his in a couple of days for some dinner. I obviously agreed, and after I thanked him a further hundred times he left to go home.

Jules invited us over too, and we arranged a date. Ria and I didn't even need to plan because we knew for sure it'd be happening.

Suddenly it was just me and her. Alone. At last.

"I drove here." I stated quietly.

"Baby, stop being so nervous," she giggled, wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

"No because have you seen yourself?" I joined in her laughter.

"Dude, shut up you look so beautiful right now..."

We finally reached my car and I began driving, "I wanna see where you go when you need to be alone."

I very quickly turned to look at her, sending her a raised brow look, "come on, don't tell me you don't have a place..."

I took a sharp left, "ok," I nodded my head cutely, "we will go to my place."