5160 miles

Three years today since the second hardest day of my life- the funeral

Three years today since the second hardest day of my life- the funeral. I made my way over to my collection of family photos as soon as I woke up, just to sit and have a chat with them. It's a tradition I have with myself. Every night I sit and talk to the photos, if we have a morning chat too it means I'm particularly sad that day.

____________________________________

iMessage
Jules💓

Hey sweet, no rush this morning cafe is fine! Love you lots x

Thanks Jules, be there soon. Love you too x
____________________________________

Text Message
Mr.Webb❤️

Good morning love! Take it easy today, keep your chin up! Ill see you when I pop in! Lots and lots of love, tom!

Thankyou Mr.Webb, love you lots see you soon xx
____________________________________

iMessage
Billie💚

Morning pretty girl, well I think it's morning there. Have a good day I hope ur calling me later;)

It is morning you're correct. I will message you later, got a shift now:)

Ok bub
____________________________________

-

I arrived at work an hour later. Jules dragged me in for a massive cuddle, which i immediately accepted. A few of the staff that knew of my situation gave me a hug too.

Soon after that Mr.Webb walked through the door with a box of donuts, and a bunch of flowers. Of course I accepted his gifts, thanked him and enjoyed one of his big cuddly bear hugs.

My shift went slow just as I expected it to. Once it was over i took myself for a walk to the lake near my house. I sat for a while and just took it all in. This lake is the first place I came when I found out about the accident to get some alone time. I didn't know Tom back then, and Jules bless her heart, she meant well but I just needed some space. This is where I got it. I come here to think. Eventually my thoughts shifted from my parents, and the awful day to Billie, and what we even were.

We text, often. We now call every night. She's started calling me baby, but she lives five thousand, one hundred and sixty miles away from me. Surely, this can't go on? But I don't want it to stop. She entices me, like no one ever has. Our conversations, they go on for hours. She cares about the random shit I say, and let's not forget that she's absolutely perfect in every way too. My brain couldn't take it, I was missing someone I'd never even met. So, I stood up and took myself home. I wanted to call Billie.