Its been over a month

"Hey cherub, what time does your shift finish today?" Mr

"Hey cherub, what time does your shift finish today?" Mr.Webb spoke up, extra cheerful today.

"I'm off in an hour, why?" I asked as I started making his coffee.

"Are you free after? I finally have the keys!" I heard a jangle and turned to see him dancing a set of keys around in his fingers.

"YES!" I shouted a little too loud causing the customers to look my way, "yes, yes, yes!" I now whispered. Tom took a seat as usual, and I brought over his breakfast.

The hour passed, it went so much slower than usual. I could not wait to see the new home. Tom found the place he wanted a month ago, he put down an offer which was way above asking price, it took a whole month to finalise and get the keys, even though the offer was accepted quickly. Tom and I made our way out and walked toward his new home. It was close to the same route however he cut off a little earlier now.

"Here it is." Tom pointed over to a cute bungalow, flower beds surrounded the front garden. Inside it was beautifully decorated- all Tom needed to do was furnish it. He got rid of quite a bit of the old furniture but certain things he couldn't let go; Sally's piano, some of her paintings, just personal items really. Things that money couldnt buy you again. He gave me a tour of his new home, and I noticed that even though no furniture was there, in each room there was a single framed photo hung on the wall, photos of the rooms in his and Sals house. It was a beautiful idea, and I was so thankful to be a part of it. The back garden of his new bungalow was small, but that's all he needed. The grass was such a bright shade of green, and flowers grew around the perimeter. Tom just looked calm, and happy. I loved to see him like that.

Me and Tom arranged to move all his stuff in the following day. It wasn't even a question as to whether I was helping or not, I just was. I said my goodbyes and headed home.

It was still warm in the day, but definitely getting cooler at night now, so I popped the heating on and sat down on the sofa with a cup of tea. Shortly after I finally sat down though I heard a knock at the door, without thinking I rushed to answer.

"Hi," Addi spoke up.

"Hello?" I replied, in a questioning tone.

"I just wanted to see you." Her voice cracked, but I didn't have any fucks left to give her. "Addi, I can't keep telling you that I don't want you in my life anymore."

Addi looked toward her feet, tears filling up her eyes. "Addi, we're over. Completely."

She turned her gaze toward me. "It doesn't have to be."

"Yes it does Addison." I paused, took a breath, and looked her dead in the eyes. "It has to be over because you couldn't at any point during our relationship think that I was enough, you always had to find someone better. You couldn't just be with me, there always had to be someone else, and it has to be made clear that it's over because I have someone who wants just me."