Broken trust

"Are you guys almost here?" Ria questioned, or at least that's what I think she said, I could barely hear her over the music

"We're pulling up to the drive now," I quickly ended the call so I could focus on paying the driver.

Ryan had invited us to his birthday bash a few days ago, he promised there'd be no Addison and a limited guest list of forty-ish people, so for those reasons we immediately agreed.

The pair of us jumped out the cab, I have to admit we looked so good tonight. We matched our outfits unintentionally, both wearing black with hints of neon green. Cute, I know.

Billie grabbed my hand protectively and we made our way inside. Ria and Josh were stood by the door, as soon as they saw us both of them rushed over for welcoming hugs, "hey you two!" Ria slurred her words slightly causing Josh to belly laugh.

"She's already fucked," he said and I rolled my eyes, typical Ria.

"I barely know anyone," although me and Ryan are friends, we went to different schools. He has friends that I don't know, and vice versa. My eyes scanned the room, groups of people huddled together in their cliques. The atmosphere felt almost intimidating. Hanna's parties are completely different to this. At hers you find yourself making best friends with a stranger, Hanna herself doesn't know half the people that turn up.

"Neither do I," Josh added, wearing the same lost expression on his face that I had on mine.

It didn't take long for Ryan to run over and interrupt the conversation, a blonde haired girl closely following him.

"Hey you two," he wrapped his arms around me and Billie. I assume he already said his hello's to Ria and Josh, "there's drinks in the kitchen if you want one. This is Kylie," he pointed over to the blonde who I quickly noticed was staring at Billie.

Just be nice Reese, "hey I'm Reese," I smiled.

"Hello."

Seconds later a few more people burst through the door, Ryan and Kylie said their goodbyes to us so they could go and welcome the newcomers.

"I hate that bitch," Ria huffed once the two were out of sight, I sent her a questioning glare.

"She's just a bitch." Ria added, noticing my confusion. I simply nodded, not wanting to defend Kylie just incase Ria jumped down my throat. I don't know the girl, and I'm all for giving people a chance.

The four of us began making our way to the kitchen to grab a drink. I decided I was going to have a few tonight, hence the taxi.

"Do you want a vodka lemonade pretty?" Billie questioned as she held up a plastic cup, I sent her a thankful nod not bothering to use my words.