Soft

"Hey," I smiled, feeing instant relief as I saw her face through the screen

Billie sent me a smirk "hey, how was your party?"

I rolled my eyes, "it was ok. I'm not into it much anymore, or I just prefer your company." I smirked back at her.

Billie leant down to hug the phone "I like your company bub" I examined her face, she was perfect. A tear left my eye.

"You ok pretty?" Billie questioned, concern running through her voice.

"Yeah, I just wish this wasn't all over the phone."

Billie sighed, almost a sigh of relief. "You really worried me then, thought I was gonna have to come down there and throw hands. Me too angel."

I laughed a little, "it just feels so unfair."

Billie nodded in agreement, "it is unfair angel."

The conversations sometimes fell silent, but it was a kind of I know you're there, and you know I'm here, and that makes me happy silence.

It was comforting. "One day baby." She spoke up, and I know she's right.

"One day..." I repeated. One day will happen, it's not knowing when one day will happen that upsets me.

"Hold on I've just got a text."

___________________________________
Text Message
Mr.Webb❤️

Hello love, could I have billies number?xx

Hey there! I'll just check it's ok with her!xx
____________________________________

"It's from tom, he wants your number, is that ok?" I asked Billie, I don't know why he needed her number but I didn't mind anyway.

"Duh, of course!" Billie quickly agreed.

____________________________________
Text Message
Mr.Webb❤️

Hey, she said that's ok! Her number is *** **** ****, is everything ok?xx

Yes love, fine. Thanks a lot. See you tomorrow xx
____________________________________

"You ok baby?" Billie spoke up.

I nodded as I made myself a cup of tea. "I'm ok, better now I'm home. Feel so much more comfortable."

Billie sent me a smirk, "that's cause you're talking to me" cute Billie and flirty Billie are two completely different people.

"Shut up you," I winked before turning away to put the milk back in the fridge.

"Can't wait to make you my girl one day," she said, her tone raspy.