See you later

Two days

Two days

"Hey loves!" The cheery old man waved as he noticed us waiting for him at the usual table. He had the biggest smile on his face. He always does, it's adorable.

"Hey Tom!" Billie stood from her seat and opened her arms widely hoping for a big bear hug from Tom, of course she got one.

I quickly stood too and wrapped my arms around him, "Morning Mr.Webb."

Moments later the three of us sat down. Although it's a thing we've been doing for each other for years, Tom is always so thankful that before he even gets to the cafe there's a drink waiting for him. "Awe, thank you for the coffee girl's!"

"You're welcome!" I smiled, taking a sip of my own caffeine.

Tom quickly pushed his falling glasses back onto his nose, "So, how are you both?"

I looked toward Billie to give her the go ahead to answer for the pair of us, "we're good thank you, are you good?"

"I'm good darling! What have you both been up to?"

I quickly butted in, "do you remember those pools Ria and I used to go swimming in?"

Tom nodded in response, "the lakes?"

"Yeah!" I paused to take a quick sip of my drink, "well... we went swimming in those!"

Tom raised his brows in shock, "that is beyond crazy! You could've caught a cold!" I knew he'd think that our trip was reckless. From the stories that Tom had told me, Sal was always the wild one - the old man definitely wore the responsible shoes through their relationship.

I couldn't help but giggle, "we didn't though!"

"You could have! It's freezing out," Tom attempted to be serious but ultimately failed and joined in my laughter.

"So..." his previous chuckle died down to a sad smile as he looked toward Billie, "tomorrow is your last day?"

"Yeah..." she matched his expression.

"I wish I'd have booked later flights home for you darling, I'm sorry..." Tom apologised but he didn't need to. He is the reason I even met Billie so soon, without him we would've been waiting a while.

"No, I've had the best month. I can't thank you enough," Billie reassured, tears forming in her ocean eyes.

Tom sniffled, "oh cherub... I'm glad you've had a good time. It's been wonderful to get to know you. You're a great girl Billie!"

The tears building in Billies eyes had now fallen to create streams down her face, "thank you Tom, for everything. It's been so good to get to know you..." she paused due to an obvious lump in her throat, "I'm really, really going to miss you."