Chapter 17: Rescue

The next few moments seemed like hours as you waited with baited breath, unsure of what Isaac's plan was. Before you knew it, the hoodied man placed the bowl of mushroom soup in front of you. With a shaky hand, you picked up your spoon and attempted to eat. Before the rich broth could reach your mouth, Barry grabbed your hand and yanked it towards him. Your heart leaped into your chest.

   "What the fuck happened to your finger Y/N?!?!" your scar faced captor asked with a seemingly angry voice with just a hint of concern. Isaac's eyes widened as the two of you looked down at your fingers still had your half dried blood smeared across them. "O-o-oh that? I uh... I just got a paper cut from the menu, Barry! I didn't realize it had cut so deep though." you chuckled nervously, hoping that your deranged date would drop the subject. You had no such luck.

   Barry's suspicious gaze drifted from your face to the deadpanned yet wide eyed face of tye chef in front of you. "... Give me that menu again." Barry demanded, his voice low and dangerous. The tension between the three of you was interrupted by the hostess' voice talking to someone loudly. "Sir, for the last time- this restaurant is closed to the public this evening due to special guests! I can book you in for a future date, but you can't go in!" The three of you quickly glanced to where the voice was coming from, wondering who was bothering the hostess.

   "Ice Bear needs to speak to Isaac" a distinct voice replied in a steadfast tone. Your eyes widen as you see Ice Bear gently shove past the exasperated hostess and enter the dining area of The Neon Koi. Your jaw drops slightly as your heart floods with relief. "Isaac is busy right now" the chef informed your true love, unaware of the connection between you and Ice Bear.

Barry's face grows deep red with anger, but before he can say anything, Ice Bear notices him and makes eye contact, pure hatred and anger burning in both of their dark eyes. "You bitch"  Ice bear says in his usual deadpan voice. This time though, his voice seemed to carry a subtle tone of violence, which seemed to make Barry freeze in place. "Ice..." You whisper, your eyes wide and blurry with tears. Unable to stop yourself, you jump up and hug the fluffy bear, burying your face in his gigantic torso and sobbing in relief.

   You feel Ice Bear tense up at your touch before his soft paws gently cup your face and lifts your chin to face him. "I thought I'd never see you again.i was so scared of that" you tell him, your voice barely a whisper. "Y/N..." Ice says, his voice simple but gentle and filled with relief. A lock of your hair spills behind your shoulder, revealing the bruise on your neck that was left by the needle that one of Barry's henchmen had used to drug you during your and Petra's kidnapping. Ice's eyes harden once more and he notices your blood covered fingertips.

    Ice Bear's fur bristles with anger as he gingerly moves you safely behind him, towering over Barry. "L-listen, Bear- I don't know where the blood came from! I never hurt-" before Ice's nemesis could finish his sentence, Ice let out a low, angry, bloodthirsty growl and in one forceful slash, he clawed the side of Barry's face. Thick droplets of blood splattered across the table and soiled Ice Bear's clean white fur. You held your breath as you watched thick ropes of blood spill from the side of your captor's face and from between his fingers. Barry's face was pale and trembling as he looked up at your infuriated hero. That was when you'd noticed that his ear with his headset piece was completely off and on the floor.

  "Wh-what the fuck, man?" Barry whimpered quietly, fear dripping from his voice. He looked and sounded as though he might cry. "Isaac will see if police are coming yet." Isaac said calmly as if nothing particularly messed up just happened right in front of him. Ice Bear didn't hear anything that Isaac had said as he slashed Barry again, this time across the torso. More blood splattered and the thin young man screamed in agony as you wiped the splattered blood from your face.