Chapter 15: The Date (Don't shoot me in the face, pls)

You looked in the mirror and smiled shyly at yourself, amazed at how Petra had transformed your entire look in just a few short hours. You never really considered yourself particularly ugly or particularly pretty, but seeing yourself with salon-perfect hair, makeup, and the new shoes and outfit that you had picked out that day you felt absolutely gorgeous. "Sooo... Whaddya think?" Petra asked as you stepped out of the dressing room. You turned to her and grinned as she whistled, looking you up and down "I look AMAZING, Petra! I love it!" you squealed whilst the two of you hopped up and down.

   "I'm glad you love it- I know you'll drive Ice wild!" Petra exclaimed. She hugged you, and the mentioning of Ice Bear brought a weird, tickling feeling in your stomach, again. It still didn't feel real to you yet that you and Ice were finally going on a date together. You'd known for months that you had a crush on the tall, secretive bear, and now you knew for certain that he feels the same way about you. You and Petra stopped hugging and you exhaled, the nervousness towards the date settling in again. The last- hell, only- person you've ever dated so far was Soren, and you really did not want the same pitfalls and ending this time around.

  Petra patted your shoulder and smiled at you. "Don't worry about tonight." she reassured you. "Ice already likes you, and after this date, he's going to LOOOVE you- I mean, look at you, how COULDN'T he?! Face: beat, hair: did, waist: snatched, booty:poppin, bitch:bad!" Petra exclaimed, causing you both to chuckle. You wondered what Ice's reaction was going to be like when he saw you done up for the first time later tonight and nodded in agreement with Petra.

   "You're right; I got this." you said quietly, nodding and smiling as you reassured yourself. "Petra... Thank you. For all of this." You said, feeling sentimental towards your friend all of a sudden. Petra looked up from her phone and winked at you. "Don't mention it; it's the least I could do for you introducing me to Pan-Pan- we needed some people we could go on double dates with" she stated jokingly. You both laughed and then Petra's phone buzzed, signaling a text. "Uber's here!" she chirped; you quickly changed back into your normal clothes and paid for the outfit.

  As you got into the uber with all of your bags, you noticed that the driver seemed familiar, somehow. Almost like you'd seen this man in the background somewhere, before, but couldn't remember where or when. Perhaps you'd seen him at one of your jobs? As Petra got into the car, you texted her "Hey, doesn't that driver look super familiar to you?" Petra casually looked up from her phone at the driver and peered at him for a second before texting you back "No, not to me."

   As the car began moving, you heard the familiar *click* of the child locks on the doors and your heart skipped a beat. Who WAS this guy? You noticed that Petra had also looked up from her phone and was slightly pale "Umm... Excuse me, sir, could you please not lock the doors while we're in here?" she asked politely. The driver stayed silent, still not unlocking the doors. You were about to say something, but before you could, you felt a sharp pinch in your neck and your vision became blurry and everything began to feel like you were suspended in slow motion.

  Turning your head, you see a gloved hand with a syringe and Petra screaming in slow motion as another pair of hands injects her neck as well and struggles to take her phone. You try to scream as well, but your face just feels...so tired... You're too tired to do anything, except slump over and close your eyes. 'Yo, wtf' was the last thought you remembered having before drifting off into darkness.

   You awoke hours later in a room so dark, you were hardly sure if you were still stuck in dreamless sleep, or if you were finally conscious again. You pinched yourself so hard your eyes watered in pain and you realized that you were, in fact, awake.  You quickly began looking for Petra, feeling along the floors and walls in search of your friend before realizing that you were all alone in the room. You checked your pockets as well, before realizing that you were phoneless as well.

   Cursing under your breath, you began rocking back and forth on the smooth floor, trying to cope with the situation. You were supposed to be going on the date of your life right now with Ice Bear, but instead you'd been kidnapped. Never in a million years did you ever think that YOU of all people would ever be kidnapped. You weren't rich or in debt, and nobody that you knew of were politically important- you doubt that you'd be worth very much in the human market... So that only left one possibility in your mind- you and Petra had been kidnapped by a deranged, bloodthirsty serial killer and were about to end up as the victims in a Bailey Sarian video and there was nothing you could do about it.

   You began crying so hard you couldn't breathe and then the lights in the room turned on. They were so bright after being in the dark for so long, that it hurt your eyes a bit. "How do you like our new pad, sweetie?" a familiar voice sneered sarcastically. Your tears stopped immediately, and the feeling of abject fear that you'd previously felt racking your entire body was replaced with anger. You look up and see Barry himself casually stroll into the empty room and sit on the floor across from you, smirking.

   You quickly wiped away your tears, your face hot woth anger and you spat in Barry's direction. "WHAT THE ACTUAL FIZZNUCK IS THE MATTER WOTH YOU, BARRY? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE IN PRISON, BUT INSTEAD YOU'RE OUT HERE STILL KIDNAPPING PEOPLE!" You get up and storm over to the young man, punching him squarely in the face, but he simply chuckles hysterically as blood drips from his nose.

    "Have you ever heard of house arrest, y/n?" Barry asked, smirking up at you. He wiped the blood from his face and stood up. " Turns out, jail isn't for me- I'm too pretty and rich for it." He simply stated, walking over to you. You backed away with each step he took. " I sat in that cell for two entire days while they processed me, and lemme tell ya-that does something to a man." Barry told you, his voice gradually becoming more bitter.

   You chuckled in annoyance "You're telling me this as if you didn't deserve it in the first place!" you exclaimed in annoyance. "You literally kidnapped a woman- TWICE- and tried to kill people!" you reminded them. Barry roared in laughter "PEOPLE, Y/N? WHAT 'PEOPLE'?!? DO YOU MEAN THAT SKINNY ASS PURPLE HAIRED EURO TRASH PUNK, OR LITERAL FUCKING BEAR?!?" he yelled, still stepping towards you as you stepped back.

    "THOSE 'PEOPLE' GOT ME PUT UNDER HOUSE ARREST, AND MY FATHER BOOTED ME FROM THE FAMILY BUSINESS. I LITERALLY HAVE NOTHING, NOW, AND THEN I FIND OUT YOU'RE STILL OUT HERE WITH THAT POLAR BEAR" Barry showed you a video from Yana's sc of the party. In the background, you and Ice were kissing and your face flushed. How did Barry even have access to Yana's Snapchat???

   " I'M TIRED OF PLAYING NICELY WITH YOU, Y/N. I'VE LOST SO MUCH BECAUSE OF YOU, INCLUDING MY FREEDOM, AND ALL I HAVE LEFT IS THIS NEW HIDDEN MANSION SO ICE BEAR CAN'T FIND US, AND A HALF A BILLION DOLLARS! SO NOW, IT'S TIME TO GET WHAT I WANT FOR ONCE..." Barry screamed. He'd always been batshit crazy to you, but seemed completely unhinged now. "What do you want?" you spat out in a low voice, your eyes defiant and fiery. Barry grinned and stepped towards you. You backed into the wall, with no place to go.

   "You're gonna play house with me." you began to laugh before Barry showed you a live stream of Petra in a room, bound to a chair, a bandana tied over her eyes, and her mouth gagged. Her face was soaking wet from tears and snot and the uber driver that had helped kidnap the two of you holding a pistol with a silencer up to her head. You could see blood dripping to the floor from Petra's wrists caused by struggling to slip her hands out from the rough rope that bound her wrists together. Your hands flew to cover your mouth as a muffled sob escaped your lips.

   "And you're going to make me feel happy. Or I'm going to peel your gorgeous eyelids off like bandaids and make you watch this bimbo get her brains blown out before I shoot you in the face." Barry smirked as your eyes widened in terror before pulling out a bunch of different color sample cards and throwing them at your feet. "So I suggest you hurry up and pick out a nice paint color for these walls before dinner, babe. We're going out to this nice hibachi place, tonight- wear that sexy outfit you bought earlier today." he demanded casually as he strolled out of the room, leaving you in an emotional wreck.

   You and Petra were in desperate need of help, and you silently prayed that Ice would save you.