Chapter 5: Moving In

"You can stay with us for as long as you need, Y/N." Grizz told you as the four of you headed out of the hospital. The brothers couldn't travel home stacked on top of each other as they usually did, due to Ice's broken arm, so you had ordered a ride for all of you. You could finally afford the taxi, now that none of your money would be going towards rent, anytime soon.

   " Yeah, Y/N; I'll help you try and find a good apartment again, but until then, what's ours is yours." Panda informed you kindly. "Thanks so much for this, guys; I'll do my best to not be a burden." you tell them, happy that you wouldn't be homeless now that your apartment was burnt. Also, keeping your promise to Ice Bear was a lot easier, now that you'd be living in the same house, together. Your roommate had already informed you that she'd be staying at her cousin's house, if you needed her for anything, and you'd taken leave from all of your jobs for the next couple of days.

    Ice Bear was currently being surrounded by a bunch of nurses and children wanting to autograph his cast while he waited for the ride to come. You smiled at the cute and quiet polar bear as he patiently let random kids scribble their names and little drawings across his bandaged arm. Finally, your ride came, and Ice was the first to get into the car with his Roomba and axe. Panda and Grizz squeezed in beside him and you sat in the front passenger seat with your only bag of earthly possessions placed on your lap.

   Forty-five minutes later, you all were at the Bears' cave, again, which now doubled as your home, too. You, Grizz and Panda got out and you paid the driver before rushing over to Ice's side to help him out of the car. "Ice Bear is fine." he reminds you softly as he steps out if the car. Ice walks over to the trunk and grabs his axe while you grab Roomba and he shows you where he puts his things in the shed.

   After all four of you are in the house, you take your shoes off and place them in the side pouch on your bag. "Hmmmm... Now where to put you..." Grizz ponders out loud. "Oh, I don't mind just sleeping in the living room." you say, trying not to put your hosts through so much trouble. "I know!" Panda exclaims, running to his room and coming back out with some string and a sheet.

   After a couple of minutes of helping Panda set things up, the both of you step back and admire your handiwork. The both of you had sectioned off a generous sized corner of the living room by hanging up the sheet. It made a decent- if not exactly private- makeshift bedroom for you. You set your belongings up in the "room" and thank the bears once again.

   "Really, Y/N; it's no problem at all." Panda assured you shyly. All of a sudden, all three of the bears' stomachs rumbled, and you realized that it was about time that most people started thinking about dinner. "Ice Bear will start on dinner." Ice said, standing up and heading towards the kitchen. You jumped up and stopped him.

   "No you don't, Ice! Your arm isn't going to get better if you keep using it like nothing happened. I'm keeping my promise to you, so I'll make dinner." you tell him and his brothers. Ice looked a little apprehensive about somebody other than him doing the cooking, but as he tried to move his arm around, at DID hurt quite a bit. "Fine. Ice Bear will supervise Y/N." Ice Bear grunted, causing you to grin in triumph as the both if you walked into the kitchen.

   The truth was that you weren't exactly a mastermind when it came to the culinary arts. You usually just ate things from the frozen aisle or foods that didn't require any cooking, like cereal, pre-made salads, and sandwiches. The one thing that you did have in your favor, though, was your ability to follow instructions to the 'T'. You pulled up a recipe for vegan tacos with homemade guacamole and spicy rice to go along with it and got to work.

   Ice pulled up a chair to watch you cook, amused by how clueless you seemed as you searched around the kitchen to gather ingredients. He hands you the bag of onions you were looking for before advising "Ice Bear usually sprinkles salt on the onion before chopping. It keeps Ice Bear from crying." You sprinkle salt on the onion before dicing it, and the advice works like a charm. "Wow, Ice! My eyes aren't tearing up at all- thanks for the tip!" you say, smiling in his direction.