Chapter 12: Battle of the Exes (Part II)

"Alright everybody, here are the rules to the game!" Soren yelled out in a good natured voice as everyone in the room turned to look at him. A ping pong table had been dragged out from the dark, dirty depths of Grizz's bedroom and set up in the middle of the living room for the game. Red plastic cups had been properly set up and Petra was steadily filling some of the cups with beer (there were some cups of juice set to the side for Chloe). "As you can see, we'll be doing groups of two. If you throw a ball and it lands in a cup filled with beer on your opponent's side, they'll have to drink it. HOWEVER, if the cup that the ball lands in is empty, then the losing opponent has to choose Truth or Dare. Whichever group loses all their cups first loses and the winners move up to the next round!" Soren announced.

   You looked around, hoping that you could find somebody, ANYBODY to pair up with other than Ice or Soren, but the teams had already been decided and everybody already seemed paired up. On Soren's team, the pairs were were Petra + Soren and Grizz+Chloe. On Ice Bear's team Yana and Panda had already teamed up, leaving you with no other choice than to pair up with Ice. You looked up at your teammate and see a determined yet nervous glint in his eyes before turning your attention back to Soren who was doing a coin flip to see who the first pairs going up against each other were going to be.

'Ice...No, EVERYBODY here is going to find out about-' the voice in your head began as your palms became sweaty. You interrupted the evil voice 'No, they're not. Soren isn't that cruel and I'm pretty sure Ice is pretty fuckin awesome at beer pong, so shut up ' you think to yourself. Yana and Panda are chosen to go up against Soren and Petra, first, and you let out a sigh of relief. All you and Ice had to do, now, was let Grizz and Chloe win the next match and you'd be let off the hook. You wouldn't have to go up against Soren at all tonight, if you and Ice just played your cards (or ping pong balls) right!

You hear rustling beside you and look back over to Ice bear, who was busy stretching both arms in preparation for your upcoming match. "What are you doing?! You're gonna hurt your arm if you move it around all willy-nilly!" you whisper yell at the polar bear. Ice continued to stretch, but eased up on his broken arm a bit while setting his eyes on Soren. "Ice Bear will beat Soren no matter what." Ice replied resolutely. Your breath caught in your chest as you realized how screwed you officially were. You couldn't just tell the polar bear "Hey, one time I did something really bad back home and I want to keep it a secret from you, so take it easy on your arm and try to be a big loser tonight so Soren doesn't expose me, m'kay?" There was an uneasy feeling in your stomach as you watched Yana and Panda lose almost one-sidedly against Petra and Soren. As the two got slurred out truthful answers to Petra's lighthearted questions and drunkenly attempted headstands and cutting a chunk of fur from Panda under Soren's instructions, you noticed the icy green eyes man making eye contact with you throughout the entire match.

   Needless to say, Soren and Petra won and the table was reset for you and Ice to go up against Grizz and Chloe. "Get ready to lose, little bro!"trash talked, winking at you. "Ice Bear will not lose to Grizz or a little girl" Ice surprisingly trash talked back in his flat voice as he smiled at his two components. "Hey, I may be little, but I'm in college! I've played beer pong, before!" Chloe warned the two of you while laughing. The match was fun, but the further on the game went, you began to notice Ice was starting to grimace in slight pain every time he used his good throwing arm that was in the cast. It was a fair game between the four of you, but much to your dismay, Ice pushed through and won the match with a ten points to their six. Your face began to feel hot and your heart seemed to be thumping so hard that it was trampling all your other insides. It was now time for the reckoning.

   After a snack intermission and some time to wash the blue mustache that Ice had scribbled on your face for a dare , the table was reset yet again for the grande finale of Truth or Dare Beer Pong. Grizz, Panda, Yana, and Chloe all gathered on opposite sides of the table to watch closely, which didn't help with the anxiety that you were feeling. Soren and Ice gave each other bitter nods and a handshake while you tried to smile back at Petra who was so sweet and innocent to the turmoil going on between the three of you. Before you knew it, Petra tossed the first ball into a cup of beer and the game had begun.