Chapter 16: Isaac

You walked out of the room that you had been held captive in and slowly walked down through the long hallway to get to the stairs. 'This place is too huge" you muttered to yourself, trying to ignore the almost two dozen security cameras that stared down your every step. You tried to secretly  look out for clues as to which- if any- of the locked doors before you held Petra captive, but to no avail. They all looked identical and were clearly locked.

   Walking down the staircase, you heard Barry give out an echoey whistle that echoed through the bland, empty corridors of the undecorated mansion. "As usual, y/n, you look ravishing!" he complimented you sincerely, but the word "ravishing" sent a lightning bolt of cringe up and down your spine. You remembered Barry's threats of what he would do to you and Petra earlier and forced a crooked smile as the thin young man stalked over to you with a smirk and an outreached hand. You gingerly laid your hand in his and let him twirl you around,  trying not to cry over how it should be Ice Bear enjoying your new outfit right now.

   After Barry finished complimenting you and your outfit, he called over to one of his robotic henchmen. " I trust that you'll take good care if the ankle bracelet whilst daddy is out with mommy?" he asked the robot rhetorically as he fastened the ankle bracelet to the machine. You were kind of surprised that Barry was breaking his house-arrest agreement simply to go out to dinner, but you weren't going to complain about it. Hopefully while the two of you were out, you could find away to get someone to help you and then with the police, you could go back and save your friend. You crossed your fingers.

    "Alright, madame; now that that business is situated, let us enjoy a nice evening out!" Barry exclaimed with a shit eating grin. Ugh- he was so corny. You reluctantly take his hand once again, and a butler ties a handkerchief around your eyes so you won't be able to know where you're at or where your going. "The inside of the mansion is your domain to decorate and domesticate as you see fit, babe, but you're bot allowed to see the outside part, yet. Too much of a liability if you knew exactly where you were." Barry explained condescendingly.

   You stayed quiet as Barry held onto your hand and led you to a vehicle, buckling you in. After getting in beside you and also buckling up, you hear the doors to the vehicle slam shut and began to silently pray for help. "We're ready to go now" Barry told the chauffeur in an annoyed tone. He placed his arm around your shoulders and pulled you into him as you heard the sound of... propellers starting up?! "No need to freak out, y/n. We're just going to take a little helicopter ride since there are no roads here." Barry explained with a chuckle.

·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.Ice Bear's PoV·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·

    Ice Bear stood nervously out in the cave's front yard, his ear twitching nervously as his eyes darted from the moon that stood in the pitch black sky, the time on Panda's phone, and then a bouquet of (*insert your favorite flowers here*) that he'd gotten in preparation for the date. He sniffed before throwing the bouquet of flowers in the trash can and silently tearing off his blue blazer and black turtleneck that he was wearing for the date.

   Turning around, Ice began storming back to the cave where Grizz and Panda stood in front of the doorway, concerned expressions on their faces. " I-I don't think she stood you up, Ice." Pan-Pan began, eagerly trying to comfort his little brother. "If anything y/n j-just got carried away with Petra and they're just running kinda late...? And n-not answering their phones. Th'
-they couldn't just... Y'know... D-d-dump us without even a simple goodbye text." The last part of his statement sank into Panda's mind as he said it and he began to also get visibly anxious and panic.  

   "Hey, Ice, man, it'll all be ok. Whatever happens between you and y/n or Pan-Pan and Petra, you're both still my bros no matter what! Bros before-" before Grizz could finish the ancient bro proverb, Ice Bear tossed the phone back to Panda and quietly pushed past Grizz. The two older brothers stood on the front porch as Pan Pan checked all of his messages and social media apps looking for Petra, and Grizz simply stayed in place, unsure if he should follow a seemingly angry Ice  right now. There was a glint of something cold in his eyes; darker than anger and deeper than pure determination. Grizz had never seen that look before, and decided it was best not to get in the polar bear's way until the tensions had cooled down.