Chapter 2: The Day Off

It had been  almost a week since you had met the bears, and as far as your job audition went, you had been hired. Surprisingly, being a doumi was a lot less fun than the job ad and the Black-Pink Lounge's Instagram account had said that it would be. Sure there wasn't any actual "work" involved, other than serving drinks occasionally, but being oggled and groped at by stressed and sometimes married businessmen while you were trying to sing in a language you weren't even fluid in definitely started taking it's toll fast. One thing for sure, though, was that the tips were excellent.

   Thankfully, today was your first true day off since you'd moved here, being that you were off from your internship and your day job on the same day. You slept in until seven in the morning, then rolled out of bed and walked into the shower. Your roommate, Karla, had just recently headed out to her job at the zoo. You'd be here all alone today, with nothing to do. You took a long, hot shower, washing your hair before stepping out and dressing in a comfortable, outfit that consisted of cute waist length jeans with a black turtleneck halter top  and doing your makeup lightly.

   Afterwards, you walked into the kitchen, humming slightly to yourself as you placed two strawberry strudels into the toaster. You sat at the table and scrolled through your phone wondering what to do for the day as you waited for the breakfast delicacies to finish heating up. Suddenly,you remembered that you had saved the Bears' # in your phone the day you'd met them and gave them your own number. You decided to text them and see if they wanted to hang out.

You: Hey, Panda! It's me, Y/N, from the other day. I don't have to work, today, so I was wondering if you and your brothers would like to go ice- skating with me and hang out? 😃

You looked up as your toaster strudels dinged out of the toaster , and you were in the middle of drizzling frosting on them when Panda texted back.

Panda: Hey, Y/N! We'd love to go ice-skating with you. Let's make a day out of it! We'll meet you at the subway station in an hour?

   You replied with an OK emoji and ate your breakfast.After you were finished eating and washing your plate, you started sharpening your ice skates for the day. Skating used to be one of your favorite things to do, back when you lived in Alaska. There used to be a lake in your family's back yard that stayed firm enough to skate on, eight months out of the year, and you remember how hard you practiced to win the figure skating scholarship.

   You suddenly realize that it was time to start heading out, so you slip on your pale pink converse sneakers and sling your skates over your shoulders.

* Time Skip to The Subway Station*

   You sat patiently on the bench at the station, swinging your legs as you kept an eye out for the bears.
The train would be here any minute, now, and you were trying not to worry on if the brothers would show up. You had already texted them twice since you had gotten to the station, and all you'd gotten back in reply was a text that said "Wehf fhgj".

   ''Maybe they really don't want to hang out with me..." you thought to yourself, feeling a little lonely over the idea of being ghosted by three bears. It was a shame, too, because you'd really wanted to get to know Ice Bear better; he didn't talk to you as much as his brothers did but he still seemed like a nice person. Your thoughts were interrupted by a loud clattering noise and people gasping near the entrance of the subway station, followed by Panda's voice yelling "Stop going so faaaast!!!"

   You hopped off the bench and turned to see Ice Bear running on all fours with lazer-like focus. His two brothers hanging onto him for dear life and they looked like they were about to fly off any second. He was somehow running even faster than the day they had taken you to your job interview, and Ice's eyes were scanning around the station as if he were searching for something valuable that he might have lost.