Chapter 4: A New Incident

The next morning you woke up with a start; something was definitely wrong. For starters, you weren't exactly sure where you were. You sat up and looked around; were you at home in Alaska? No, because the walls that surrounded you were made out of rock- this also cancelled out the possibility of you being at your apartment.

   "Good morning, Y/N!" Grizz said cheerfully, sending your mind racing back to remembering last night. "G'morning, Grizz." you smile and wave back groggily as Grizz sat down with a bowl of cereal and turned the TV on. The morning news was on, and it transformed the small speck of unease that was in your stomach into a full-fledged iron wrecking ball that slammed against your insides.

   Your entire apartment building was on live news, right now, in flames. You grabbed the sides of your head, fingers getting tangled in your messy bed hair as you tried to suppress the loud, screaming sob that wanted to escape your mouth so badly. It came out as a whimper and you watched in horror as everything you owned in the world was being burned to a crisp.

   "Are you ok?" Panda asked worriedly as he walked out of the bathroom with a towel on his head wearing his new glasses you'd given him. You shook your head before bawling out "MY HOME IS GONE!" Grizz's paws flew to his mouth in shock and Panda immediately hugged you. Ice came out of the kitchen where he was making breakfast and saw you crying before seeing the burning apartment building on TV.

   For some reason, the fact that Ice saw you crying made you feel embarrassed. You quickly stood up, roughly brushed your tears away as you went to put your shoes back on. "Where is Y/N going?" Ice Bear asked you as you laced up your sneakers and tossed your stilettos from work into your bag. "I have to at least try and salvage what's left in my apartment. I have all of my clothes, inventions, projects... things from back home... I can't just let it all burn!" you answered as you turned and faced the bears, giving them each a hug.

   "Y/N, you can't go into that building! It's DANGEROUS!" Grizz and Panda replied. You gave your friends a small smile; they didn't understand what was at stake for you; how could they? "Thank you all so much for having me over, last night. I had an excellent time, and the waffles you made were delicious, Ice." you say, hugging each bear once more as you got a steely, determined look in your eye.

   After you finished hugging Ice Bear, he placed a firm paw on your shoulder and stared directly into your eyes for what seemed like forever. You swallowed back another sob, refusing to change your mind before he finally said "Y/N could die." The steely determination in your eyes didn't change, and before you knew what was happening, Ice had grabbed an axe from the...fridge... and had thrown you onto his back. He ran out of the cave to the nearby shed and clapped his hands.

   You looked on in confused amazement as a cute little Roomba rolled out of the shed and towards Ice, making a beeping sound. The bear climbed on top of the small machine before the Roomba somehow began flying with the both of you on it. You clutched onto Ice's fur for dear life as you typed up the directions for your apartment to show Ice Bear. He nodded and the flying machine began making it's way to your address at the fastest speed you've ever ridden.

In no time, you were at your building, which was surrounded by multiple news teams trying to get the best coverage. There were also firefighters and ambulances everywhere, with firefighters and EMT workers trying their best to help the other apartment tenants. Ice Bear landed the Roomba and you quickly climbed off of his back. As soon as your feet touched ground you made a dash directly into the burning structure, ducking and dodging through the smoldering debris as you headed to your unit on the seventh floor.

   "EXCUSE ME, MA'AM, BUT YOU CAN'T BE IN HERE!" you heard several news reporters and firefighters shout at you. "SIR, DON'T FOLLOW HER IN- IT'S NOT SAFE!" a paramedic yelled, followed by Ice Bear's monotoned voice informing him that "Ice Bear always lives dangerously." Soon after, you see Ice running right along beside you, swinging his axe and chopping through any large debris that was in your way.