Chapter 7: Another Icy Night Part II

The building that  you and Ice landed on was such a foreboding  monolith that if it weren't for the fact that it seemed well-kept and professional, you'd describe it as "sketchy". The only form of lighting that emanated from the building came from the giant flame logo on the front and now a lot more things started to make sense. "Wow, so you found them, huh?" you ask Ice Bear, amazed at his seemingly flawless detective skills. You'd been thinking about the mysterious organization that had more than likely burned down your apartment building for weeks, now. While you'd been fretting over how you'd protect yourself against Barry and his fucked up gang, Ice had somehow found their headquarters and was seemingly prepared to tear shit up.

   You looked at the bear ahead of you in admiration, ignoring the fact that you were very possibly an accessory to breaking and entering a corporate building as you watched Ice pry open a ventilation duct and crawl inside.  "Follow Ice Bear, but keep quiet." he instructed you as he made room for you in the tunnel that lead into the building. You nodded your head quietly and obeyed, following the polar bear through the dark metal vent, Roomba taking up the rear. You wanted to know so badly why the two of you were sneaking through the building like two cat-burglars but you kept quiet as promised.

After several minutes of crawling around, Ice stopped and opened up a vent cover that lead into a large, open room. He deftly jumped down, not making a sound as he landed, then motioned for you to jump down into his good arm. You did just that and he gently  placed you down on the ground behind a pillar before handing you his axe again. "Watch Ice Bear's six." he instructed before rushing ahead to the far side of the room.

   Your eyes adjusted to the lighting in the room (or lack thereof) and you noticed an odd slightly moving lump of a shape on the other side of the room by the window. "What... Is that?" you murmured to yourself, squinting your eyes in hopes of seeing better. You heard the sound of tape being snatched off of skin and then a girl's heavy Russian accent. "You didn't need to come get me a second time, Mishka. It's still a trap!" the voice said in an exasperated loud-whisper. Ice ignored the voice and moved behind the dark silhouette and began untying something. That's when it hit you; the odd shape in the corner was a - suddenly your thoughts were interrupted by the  loud sound of the door at the side of the room opening and four large men rush in and surround Ice and the Russian silhouette.

   One of the large men tried to grab Ice, only to have his head (which just so happened to be an iPhone, for some reason) roundhouse kicked right off. Ice stomps on the phone-head, crushing it before swinging a sharp hooked punch at the second large robot-man; you didn't know what to do but watch, the situation was so freaking bizarre. Ice was in the midst of  holding his own in a bare-knuckle brawl while the girl with the accent had somehow found a way out of her chair and was fighting a third cyborg with her hands tied behind her back. You stood there just holding the axe, wondering if jumping in swinging would be more of a help or a hindrance to the two badasses fighting in front of you. You settled on just pulling out your phone and recording everything. Suddenly, one of the robots sweep-kicked the girl and put her in a choke hold while the fourth robot snuck up behind ice and held him in the air, still kicking and swinging with his broken arm.

   You heard a whistle coming from the doorway and slow claps as Ice Bear's face became the personification of anger and hate itself. You looked to the doorway and saw the man who was in charge of all of this himself; Barry. " It seems like once again, you've gotten my little message, and once again, you've fallen into this exact same trap, you stupid bear." Barry taunted with his hands on his waist. " I must commend you with getting this far with a broken arm, though-" he stated before being interrupted by the Russian girl. "Listen to him finding a reason to compliment you, Mishka. I'd say he still has a crush on you~! " she sang out in a cheeky manner, causing Barry's face to grow red in embarrassment and Ice to jerk his head in her direction with a "WTF" face.

   "I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM- OUR RELATIONSHIP IS STRICTLY BUSINESS!" Barry shouted defensively. You saw the girl smirk before pushing Barry's buttons even further "I dunno, dude- you seem to go through a lot of trouble just to bait him here all the time when you could just pay to have Mishka make second little vacuum cleaner. I think you look forward to seeing his face. ~" she teased. Barry spun around on his heel, trying to control his temper before giving the remaining robot men an order. "Enough of this idle talk. Take Ice Bear to the negotiation room and get rid of his little bitch girlfriend. Don't make a mess. " he ordered.

   The g-word that Barry had just used to describe the relationship between the Ice and the Russian girl made your blood run cold with what felt like hatred for a fraction of a second before your brain made you rationalize the situation. This girl was obviously kidnapped and about to be murdered while your best friend was about to get tortured or something, all by the man who had literally burned your home down last month. Barry's craziness was unbridled and you had to do something to help Ice and that innocent girl, no matter what their relationship was to each other. The robot man holding the girl started dragging her away from Ice's side and they both started struggling to get away from the cyborg men's grasps while Barry laughed maniacally. "Yana!" Ice yelled out, desperate to help her. Hearing the name actually spoken out loud caused a weird feeling to burst in your chest and spread throughout your body, causing you to accidentally drop the axe in your hand.

   " Shit!" you whisper-curse as you bend over to grab the loudly clattering weapon from off the floor. Everybody's head jerked in your direction and you felt the tip of your ears grow hot as you became self aware as to how uncool you probably looked right about now. "Leave Ice and that girl alone." you commanded, your voice hardened to mask how foolish you felt right now. "Who is she? You know this girl, Mishka?" Yana asked, looking over at Ice Bear, who kinda looked like he wanted to facepalm himself at the moment. "Y/N... W-what are you doing here?" Barry stammered, his voice a mixture of discomfiture and that of a man who was under a spell. " Holy smokes, so this is the girl that he's been talking about non-stop when he's actually NOT talking about you." Yana told Ice. "Now you all can have a threesome and I can go home, right?" she asked, causing you to almost laugh at her sarcasm.

   You kept your attention on Barry, who was now somewhat out of his trance and smirking down at you. "So you're finally ready to be my girlfriend, huh?" he asked, his voice dripping with arrogance. You looked at him in disgust before answering him "Hardly. I came to help my friend." you stated matter-of-factly, causing Barry's eyes to narrow in annoyance. "If this bear and that girl mean so much to you, then I'll let them go if you agree to date me. If not, you can join that annoying hipster in hell- this is a one time offer, Y/N." he challenged.

   You looked the crazed stalker/arsonist/potential-killer/kidnapper/torturer in the eye and smirked back at him, your fingers tightening around the axe handle before using your other hand to fidget around on your phone. " Time for deciding is up- what's it gonna be, Y/N? Option A) Be my queen, or option B) end up with everyone else who got in my way?" You shoved your phone into your pocket and looked back up at him. "You really thought, didn't you?" you asked, laughing rhetorically. "I chose option c and called the police!" The man's eyes widened in shock "T-The police?!? You can't call them- that's cheating!"  he whined. You head-butted Barry in the nose before leaping over his hunched over body and decapitating the cyborgs that held Ice Bear and Yana in one swing...