Chapter 3: An Unpleasant Acquaintance

"Y/N, you've been requested in room 8. They look like big spenders, so PLEASE try and be nice to them?" your supervisor, Jae, told you over your shoulder. You were in the back room drinking a coconut limeade boba tea and reapplying your eyeliner when you heard Jae's voice over the speaker. Sighing to yourself, you put your liner back into your handbag and clicked it shut before adjusting your dress and heading over to the private party room with the number 8 on the door.

   You plastered a flirty but bright  smile on your face and knocked three times before a someone opened the door and let you in. You waltzed into the room and were surprised by how young this particular group of private customers were; your average clients were in their early to mid forties but these men seemed to be only a couple years older than you.

   "Ahhh. There's our beautiful hostess!'' said one of the guys sitting back on the expensive, circular lounge sofa in the corner. He had a thin (dare you say scrawny?) build, dark hair, a burn on the right side of his face, thick eyebrows, and a point nose. He was almost attractive, but he had a patronizing smirk on his face and an overall cocky, mean-spirited aura that made him look  more unappealing than he actually was.

   "You're actually prettier than your advertisement!" he complimented, eyeing you up and down. "Thank you, that's so sweet!" you answered, trying to be polite and get a bigger tip like your supervisor had suggested. The young client shoved one of his friends off of the sofa and patted the seat beside him, offering you a place to sit.

   You made your way over gingerly, and sat down beside him, feeling sorry for the guy that had been shoved onto the floor. "I'm glad you came, oppa!", you said in your cutesy-flirting voice. "My name's (Y/N), what's yours?" you asked, grabbing the song booklet, searching for a song you wanted to sing.

   "The name's Barry Charles. Most of my subordinates  call me Mr. Charles, but you can just call me 'Barry'. You're welcome." he answered arrogantly. You fought the urge to roll your eyes as you smiled sweetly at him before choosing the song 'Thank U, Next' to sing along to. "Alright, Barry, let's all have fun, tonight!" you say motivationally. You hop up to make your way to the front of the room to read the karaoke screen and sing, and you noticed Barry staring lustfully at your thighs.

   Ignoring his meeting, you get up and sing your heart out, your voice making Barry and his friends stare in a mesmerized trance until you were finished performing. Afterwards, you make your way to the bar and ask who's thirsty as you begin to mix cocktails. You bring Barry the blue lagoon cocktail that he ordered and sit on his lap as he flips through the song book, looking for a song that he wanted to sing.

   He takes a sip of the drink and then looks at you with a smirk on his face. "So you're smart, beautiful, AND talented?" he asked rhetorically. You didn't know exactly what he was getting at, but you nodded your head slowly before answering "I guess so, but what makes you ask?"

   "Well, you see, Y/N, I actually didn't find out about you through this club's advertisements. I was doing some research on some of the new scientists and interns working at Goods headquarters and you stuck out, to me. You graduated summa cum laude with a master's degree in hardware engineering and programming, minoring in robotics from AIT, and you're one of the smartest new interns at Googs. You were born and raised in Seward, Alaska, the town that your parents had moved to shortly after your father graduated from Opthalmology school and opened a small practice, there. You had an accident last year, two months before graduating, which is why you had to postpone your graduation until earlier this year.  You're absolutely GORGEOUS- just my type- and when I found out that you worked here part time, I just HAD to come and see you. The point I'm trying to make, Y/N, is that I really like you, and I have a lot of money; you can join my company and ditch this job any time you want. All you have to do is become my girlfriend." Barry offered, his eyebrow raised expectantly.