I'm With Prince Charming, Part 5

A white shuttlecock lazily arcs through the cloudless sky. "Michaela, how's the Ultimate Magic Training?" Saki asks as she hits it back to me. "Yeah, it's going really well!" I say as I knock it back to her. "That's good," Saki said. "You're going through so much harder training than me, so I'm a little worried," she said as she hit the shuttlecock again. "Thanks for worrying!" I said. "But for you, Saki, I'll do my best no matter how hard it is!" I said as I knock it back. "Ahahaha, thank you," Saki said. "So how are you doing, Saki?" I asked. "You watch my training with the doll's surveillance function, no matter what conditions I set..." Saki muttered. "Ahaha!" I laughed. "That's right... and there's a chance!" "Woah?!" Saki yelled. After smashing the shuttle, Saki dropped the rally immediately after. Then, I picked it up and smiled. "Still hitting those excellent smashes, I see," Saki said. [INS: :INS] "Fuh-fuh-fuh! The Saint Of Light Knows Exactly Where Her Beloved Marshall Of Darkness Will Leave An Opening!" "Thanks for the explanation like the title of a web novel," I said. "Well then, you serve next." "Alright!" I said. "Take THIS!" And so the shuttle starts arcing through the air again. "By the way," Saki asked as she hit it back, "how soon will you be able to master the Ultimate Magic?" "Umm, Lapis said it would be about in time for the signing ceremony of the peace treaty!" I answered as I knocked it back. "I see," Saki said. "So, we'll return to our original world after the signing ceremony?" "Yeah, that's right!" I said. "So, how long will it take you to learn it?" "Ah... I didn't ask how far away from the goal I am..." Saki said. "Huh? Is that right?!" I asked. "Yeah... since it's Jade training me, maybe he'll have an idea of how soon I can learn it..." "Hmm..." I said. "Well, I hope you can learn it as quickly as I can!" "Yeah!" Saki said. "I can't just put the burden on you!" "You don't have to worry about that... and there's a chance!" I said. When I made a smash, Saki grinned. "What chance?!" "Kya...?!" This time, I dropped the rally. "Fufufu, I'm starting to read your movements," Saki said as she picked up her racket and smiled proudly. I'd like to tell Saki she's cute. However... "Fuh-fuh-fuh, young grasshopper, you just caught me a bit off guard right now! It's 100,000 years too early to say you can read the actions of your master, the eagle!" "Are you serious?! Then, I'll prove I've surpassed my master in our next rally!" Saki says back, smiling at me. I'm glad... she just thought it was a joke... "Michaela, is something wrong?" Saki asked. "... Nothing!" I said. "Now, we're 1-1 again, so let's get this wrapped up quickly!" "Right!" Saki said. "Let's settle this today..." "Hold up! Little Kittens!" Suddenly, an annoying voice interrupted us. When I turned to look, I saw Diamond approaching us with a smile on his face. "The meeting with King Gibeon is over! Now then, let's all go home together!" he said. Even though I was having fun alone with Saki, he had to go bother us... "Micha... no, the Saint of Light aside, why am I supposed to go home with you?" I asked. "Fufufu, such a naughty little kitten, it's already decided that we'll sign the peace treaty," Diamond said. "Then, isn't it okay if we live together a little bit earlier? You are in love with me." "..." Saki looks at me with a wilting expression. [INS: :INS] Yes, it's the seed I planted in his head and I have to play along. "Seriously, Prince Diamond, Marshall is an innocent lady, despite her confident appearance!" I said. "Hence, if you suddenly take her to the castle, she'll be so anxious! You have to deepen your bond more slowly!" "Oh, that's right, forgive me, Marshall of Darkness!" Diamond said. "Let's take this opportunity to bond more slowly. First of all, that's right... let's begin by your declaring your love for me. We'll start from there and see where we go!" "..." Saki looks even more wilted at Diamond's suggestion. But, come on, I can't mess around anymore, so please forgive me. "Well then, let's go home together now, my Michaela," Diamond said as he put his hand around my waist. ... No matter how handsome he is, it seems I want to vomit when someone I'm not interested in touches me. But, I have to bear with it. Even this guy will have to play an important role in the end. "... I see, you're going home?" I suddenly heard a quiet, mournful voice. When I turned to face Saki, her expression was a mix of all manner of negative emotions. [INS: :INS] ... Did she look like this at that time, as well? Perhaps she remembered that time when she saw Michaela, who looked a lot like Mika, getting close to a man. I'm a little happy she thinks about me that way and makes such a face, but I don't want to cause her any more pain. Yeah, I'll never hurt her again. "I'm sorry, Marshall," I said as I handed my racket back. "Let's settle the score some other time!" "... Yeah, let's," Saki said, forcing a smile. Maybe we won't be able to do it... but don't worry. It's a happy ending for the disgusting woman. I'll make sure it ends that way, okay?